FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intensity Pro Xbox 360 Component Capture issue

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Selam Andemicael
Intensity Pro Xbox 360 Component Capture issue
on Apr 6, 2010 at 8:36:37 pm

I seem to be having a bit of an issue with my Intensity Pro. I'm trying to capture video from my Xbox 360 using the component cables. Capturing video goes fine but when I review the file afterward it plays sped up, like it's on permanent fast-forward. I've tried nearly every combination of settings (NTSC, 720p 60, 59.94, 50) and they all come out the same. I've tried capturing with Media Express and VirtualDub and it changes nothing.

I've uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled them at least twice. At this point I have no idea what might causing this. My CPU is certainly fast enough (overclocked Q6600) and I have more than enough RAM for compressed 720p capture (4GB). The hard drive I write the files to is fast enough as well because previously I was able to capture MJPG compressed 720p60 with no problems a few months ago.

Any help/ideas?


Return to posts index

Jay Bloomfield
Re: Intensity Pro Xbox 360 Component Capture issue
on Apr 7, 2010 at 1:51:49 am

You need to isolate whether the problem is with the capture or just the playback. What do various codec "appliances" such as GSpot or GraphEdit tell you about the codecs being used to render the file? Did you use the BMD MJPEG codec to capture? Is the result the same using uncompressed as the capture option? Which media players and NLEs have you used to play back the files? Do they all playback the files at double speed?



Return to posts index

Selam Andemicael
Re: Intensity Pro Xbox 360 Component Capture issue
on Apr 7, 2010 at 2:16:05 am

Thanks for responding. Between the time I posted the thread and your response I figured out what was going on. In the BM control panel I happened to have input processing set to 'downscale from 720p to letterbox 16:9' (I occasionally stream from my 360 to Livestream using Flash Media Encoder and since I don't have a premium account I can't stream HD). On a hunch I turned this off then re-tested a capture. Voila! - the capture played back at the appropriate speed.

A slightly unrelated issue is that static text and images in the video appears (upon playback) very badly interlaced when I use Media Express v1 or VirtualDub yet it appear perfect in Media Express v2. Probably has something to do with swap fields and the new firmware for 3.5.2 but since v2 works satisfactorily I don't feel like figuring it out.

And yes, I'm using the BMDMJPG compression codec.


Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]