FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intensity pro for general use

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Serge Marcotte
Intensity pro for general use
on Apr 3, 2010 at 4:49:23 pm

Hello,

I'm not a graphics card expert, please forgive the naivety. I bought an Intensity Pro and an external monitor last year to finish off a compositing project. One off thing - all done. Now I have this great card sitting around, and no intention to sell.

Would I have any problems using it as an everyday graphics card? (HDMI out to an LCD's DVI-D in) How compatible it is with fancy games and all around Windows XP use?

Thanks - SM

Return to posts index

Leo Baker
Re: Intensity pro for general use
on Apr 3, 2010 at 5:41:59 pm

Hello,

You would not be able to use this for Gaming as it's for capture and playback of video or watching your compositing output in After Effects.

It is desdigned for a capture and output card, for previewing your graphics in Photoshop and exporting a frame out to a monitor to check. As well as output for Premiere, Final Cut Pro wen you are ediitng so you can see your results on a low cost HDMI monitor.

Leo

Return to posts index

Serge Marcotte
on Apr 3, 2010 at 5:53:39 pm

Right. That's what I used it for originally. Then I thought "What if..." Guess I'm stuck with that old GeForce card for now.

Thanks for clarifying.

SM

Return to posts index

Fred Jodry
on Apr 9, 2010 at 11:04:36 pm

There are two types of "AGP aperture" settings found in most PC computer bioses. Adjust and try them. That`ll make a regular GE Force do handsprings. If you have an old computer that doesn`t use memory sticks in pairs, sometimes putting the best (usually biggest) memory stick in the slot closest or furthest from the CPU might be needed too. In between your composite projects, you can find that the Intensity Pro can handle many "studio" cameras awfully well.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]