FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intensity Pro: Composite Interlacing Issues, Not Detecting Signal, Capture Low Res DVI

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Phillip Campos
Intensity Pro: Composite Interlacing Issues, Not Detecting Signal, Capture Low Res DVI
on Mar 31, 2010 at 11:48:40 pm

Good Evening,

I am capturing some Composite 480i video, and while the capture is fine, I am getting alot of Interlacing artifacts. I am capturing in NTSC mode. I did use VirtualDub for some post production and that clears up some of the issue, but it makes all text,hud, gui, very blurry (This is a fighting game).

Does anyone have any suggestions to avoid interlacing, and or a way to clean up or mitigate it?

Also

I am having problems with the Intensity Pro picking up some composite signals, significantly a Nintendo 64, I talked to support, and its my own assumption that is because the N64 isn't broadcasting a 720x486 signal, and thus the Intensity can't see it. I did see it flicker on and off once. I can capture off my dreamcast fine, so its not a hardware issue. I may need to use a scalar, but would like some input.

Lastly,

I have a HDMI Distribution Matrix, that outputs through HDMI, the DVI signal of a computer.

Its Computer - DVI - HDMI - to the fury, and I wanted to record the bios screen, and other low resolution, VGA 640x480 or lower signals. Can I do that with the Intensity, can a 640x480 signal be passed through HDMI, like it can to a monitor? Any suggestions on doing this?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]