FORUMS: list search recent posts

extended desktop news

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Evan Meades
extended desktop news
on Mar 30, 2010 at 6:27:32 am

Hi, I am hoping there is some good news regarding enabling the Extended Desktop feature in Decklink cards.

I found a few older posts on this matter but nothing recently. It seems if the AJA cards can still do this why not Decklink. I am hoping it will be a preference at least in a new driver!

In the meantime can someone please tell me the last driver that had this feature. Mac 10.5.8 Studio card.

Cheers Evan.

Return to posts index

Mike Drew
Re: extended desktop news
on Mar 31, 2010 at 12:46:57 am

Just going to add my voice to this request.

Cheers
Mike

Mike Drew

Avid AE Shake Flame

Return to posts index

Andre Racine
on Mar 31, 2010 at 1:50:14 pm

A VERY important function of the card... please bring it back (windows platform here)

Return to posts index

Evan Meades
on Apr 1, 2010 at 4:53:22 am

Okay, spoke with Blackmagic direct and it seems they are well aware that lots want this feature back. Told it was not a "simple' thing to put back in, even switchable in the prefs.

So bottom line is, they are considering it.But my guess is it's not gunna happen.

Doesn't help me as the 1 lane cards such as my Decklink Studio didn't do it anyway. I could upgrade to say the Extreme HD card but then I would have to run the old driver pre 7.3 so 7.2....just to get this feature and maybe the related headaches with OS/Quicktime updates or continually reloading the old/new drivers plus firmware too!

Trying to find another way to do what I want but unless other software like FCP, Studio etc has a "video Out" choice I'm stuck.

Evan

Cheers!

Evan
G5 Dual 2, 10.4.8, FCPHD 6, AEPB CS3, Decklink Extreme , Motion2 (Apple Sudio Suite yada yada)

Return to posts index

Mike Halper
on Apr 12, 2010 at 6:45:55 pm

Switch to Kona. They have the same feature available with no sign that they'll suddenly disable it. This was an important feature that was a major selling point for me personally. Very disappointed with Blackmagic Design.

Return to posts index

Oliver Petz
on Apr 19, 2010 at 12:16:08 pm

for me it is also unbeleavable that blackmagic disable this feature.
that function was one of the important features for me because i also work with cinema4d, samplitude pro and nuendo. with all applications i have a videopreview on my SDI-Monitor which is great!

unfortunately i bought a decklinkcard again ( decklink HDextreme3 )
and i dont recognized that blackmagic killed the extended desktop-feature.

that was definitvly my last product from blackmagic. not only for that reason, also this buggy drivers all over the years driving my crazy.

i hope i find another good card with an extended desktop-feature.
sorry for my lousy english and greetings from germany.

Decklink Extreme3
Sony Digibeta DVW-A500P and DVWA510P
nvidia gtx 260
ASUS P5WDG2 WS Professional
8GB RAM
QX 6850 quadcore extreme
Xp Prof. 64-BIT
Adobe Creative Suite Production Premium CS4

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]