FORUMS: list search recent posts

Decklink SDI wont see my camera, please help.

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Claude Jones
Decklink SDI wont see my camera, please help.
on Mar 28, 2010 at 10:28:02 pm

Installed a Decklink SDI in MacPro and no matter what I do it won't see the camera (Sony EX1). I installed the latest drivers, tried installing in every PCI-e slot, tried with FCP, Media Express, tried changing different settings in the camera and also in FCP, Media Express and Blackmagic preferences and nothing! Very frustrating and I have to say even more frustrating is that the manual has absolutely nothing to help you not even a troubleshooting section.

The funny thing is that when I open FCP and go to log and capture, all the Blackmagic codecs show up as an option. But I get no image from the camera in none of the applications. It says "no communication or whatever.

Running FCP 6 on OSX 10.5.8

What could be wrong?

Thanks a lot for the help.

Return to posts index

Margus Voll
Re: Decklink SDI wont see my camera, please help.
on Mar 29, 2010 at 1:45:25 pm

Hi.

Have you seen your preferences panel ?

Maybe you just have by default component in selected.
Then you could stand on your head and you will not get no signal ever until you change it to SDI.

First check this. If it is SDI and it seems working then make sure fcp and camera have the same settings.

If this also does not work, try to install drivers again.

--

Margus

http://iconstudios.eu

Return to posts index

Kristian Lam
on Mar 30, 2010 at 11:08:09 am

Hi,

First thing to check is that you're using a setup in Media Express or Final Cut Pro that matches the framerate of the HD-SDI signal your camera is sending.

A lot of cameras record 24p to tape but pull and output Hd-SDI as 59.94i. Try using a 59.94i capture setting and see if that helps.

regards

Kristian Lam
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Adam Claude Jones
on Apr 1, 2010 at 4:59:28 pm

Thanks everybody. I got it to work!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]