FORUMS: list search recent posts

Windows No longer recognize Intensity Pro

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ricky Pak
Windows No longer recognize Intensity Pro
on Mar 28, 2010 at 5:09:20 pm

Purchased brand new the IP, installed went ok on Windows 7, mandatory firmware updated, device showed in device manager but cannot capture anything. Control Panel input setting correct, media express still shows black screen with no audio. Figured I try installing on my Vista desktop, the software froze while doing the firmware update, it froze for a long time, so I had to do a reboot. After that, I try installing the software and drivers again, this time it skipped the firmware update. Control Panel Blackmagic setting is all greyed out. Device manager shows no sign of Blackmagic in "Sounds and Video". I put the card back into my Windows 7 and it's the same thing, not recognized, software installs but skips firmware update...I tried 3.4 version and 3.5.

I think the frozen firmware update had cause the card to be unrecognized.

The first time I installed the card in Windows 7, Windows pops up a message saying new hardware found, but it no longer does that, even after uninstalling the software and drivers.

I notice the card get very very warm, something is not right with it.

Is there anyway to fix this, or should I just get a replacement, or buy the alternative Hauppauge HD-PVR

Return to posts index

Callum McLay
Re: Windows No longer recognize Intensity Pro
on Mar 28, 2010 at 9:51:46 pm

Hi Ricky

The best thing to do would be either to contact the reseller you purchased your card from for front line troubleshooting, or please feel free to contact your local support office for troubleshooting advice:

http://www.blackmagic-design.com/support/contact/

http://www.blackmagic-design.com/company/

Callum McLay
Technical Support Manager
Blackmagic Design EMEA

Return to posts index

Ricky Pak
on Mar 29, 2010 at 2:50:32 am

I've already sent a support request to BlackMagic on Friday , so I'm hoping they will respond Monday.

Return to posts index

Ricky Pak
on Mar 29, 2010 at 9:55:49 pm

They haven't said anything. Is this how their support is like? It's been 3 days. I sent a second request today too. I'm getting really frustrated. I ordered it from BHPHOTOVIDEO, they are closed all this week so I can't get them to do an RMA until they return...this sucks!

Return to posts index

Callum McLay
on Mar 30, 2010 at 8:42:56 pm

Hi Ricky

I'm sorry to hear you have not yet had a response, which support office have you contacted?

At busy periods it can take a few days for responses but we try to answer every email as quick as we can. In the mean time, feel free to give your local office a call, as we offer free phone support as well:

http://www.blackmagic-design.com/company/

Callum McLay
Technical Support Manager
Blackmagic Design EMEA

Return to posts index

Ricky Pak
on Mar 30, 2010 at 11:39:18 pm

I don't know which office it is but I went to the website and clicked on Support, Support Request and filled out the fields and clicked submit.

I tried putting the card in the other slot, but windows still doesn't recognize it, Ran the install software, it skipped the firmware update again. Took the card out of the pc, and it's hot.

I really do think something is wrong with my card.
The question now is who's going to be faster to send me a replacement....the retailer who won't be reopened until April 7th, or BlackMagic.

Return to posts index

matt durning
on Mar 31, 2010 at 2:59:02 am

Yeah I am having a similar problem. It is installed on my brand new computer I bought just to have this installed on. I install it. It shows up on my computer. Hook up my xbox to it to start captureing gameplay. Black screen no audio no nothing. Black Magic Media Express closes down when I click capture. The other media express when I click capture just has a black screen. That says no remote in the upper right corner. I tried the component cables and HDMI. Nothing works.

Return to posts index

andy prada
on Apr 3, 2010 at 9:52:17 am

There seems to be an incompatibility between Intensity Pro and some chipsets - notably the X58 based motherboards. I say seems because other forum posts suggest that the card wotks with some X58 boards but not others. I am one of the others and my x58 AsRock deluxe doesn't work with the intensity card. Windows 7 saw it briefly then froze on firmware update 3.6 and then stopped recognising it completely. I could be wrong but I think the feeling out there is that the P55 motherboards work better with the cards.

Return to posts index

Mark Maertens
on May 28, 2010 at 12:23:24 pm

Had the same issue with an older intensity pro card. Windows 7, Nvidia 790i Ultra SLI board. So I bought another IP card the other day and now I can't get the firmware to update, continuous loop on boot. ARGGGGGG
Getting close to giving up on this product. Look for other solutions.

Return to posts index

Michael Joseph
on Sep 6, 2010 at 9:16:14 am

I'm having the same problem. Was anyone able to get a fix? Even doing a system restore didn't fix the problem for me.

Return to posts index

Mark Maertens
on Sep 6, 2010 at 7:07:19 pm

My conclusion was it's a motherboard issue. If you don't have one of the motherboards exactly as stated compatible on the company website then you are more than likely going to run into this problem and the company has no solution. Your motherboard (bios) whatever just won't let you update the firmware on the card.

My fix was to return the card. Eventually I went with the hub instead with a whole new pc motherboard that was compatible according to the company website, works like a charm.

Return to posts index

Michael Joseph
on Sep 9, 2010 at 11:28:08 pm

I have been using it since last august though, without any problems. It just stopped working last week out of nowhere, and I've tried everyone to fix it. Also, I have a Gigabyte motherboard, but not exactly sure on the model # .

These are the 2 it says are compatible:

Gigabyte EP45-DS3
Gigabyte x48DQ6

Return to posts index

Raymond Olsen
on Sep 30, 2010 at 2:57:01 pm

same story here, i've been using this card on an evga x58 sli board for over a year i believe and it shut down at lunch, no longer visible in my device manager. kind of sucks, no more video output from ae. About to contact support.

Return to posts index

Raymond Olsen
on Sep 30, 2010 at 3:27:56 pm

after checking website faq i noticed several mobos don't work in the pci x1 slot. after the firmware update neither did mine so, I switched the card over to x8 slot on my evga and rebooted, the card shows up again but i had to uninstall drivers and put the new drivers on to keep up with the firmware update. back to work!

Return to posts index

Danilo Oliveira
on Jun 1, 2017 at 5:16:24 pm

Hello, I know this device is somewhat old but if anyone can help me thank you. After trying to install the firmware update Win 7 no longer recognizes the device, I already did everything that is advisable following other posts but I did not have a positive result, my PC has Win7 64bit, 16Ram, ASUS B85M motherboard, my Intensity pro has date of Can someone help me ???

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]