FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP Capture Now w/Intensity Pro PLUS SMPTE to New Clip ?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Williams
FCP Capture Now w/Intensity Pro PLUS SMPTE to New Clip ?
on Mar 27, 2010 at 3:10:49 am

Hi,
I have a mac pro 2.8 - 8 core w OSX 10.5.8 , FCP 7 & MOTU Digital Performer as my main appz.

I am looking for the best way to sync clips aquired with Capture Now and the BlackMagic Intensity Pro capture card.

Digital Performer has the ability to export directly to FCP and include the timecode information.
How can send the resulting timecode to a clip that's being captured LIVE with the Intensity Pro card ?

GOAL: automatically sync all clips using identical timecode.
ALSO: how to force clips to snap to a common timecode.

SCENARIO: I am a solo acoustic guitarist.
i record my audio clips first , at the same time i record a "base" video.
Just on a tripod ( very static very boring )
I import the video from the camera , bounce my mulit track recording to a stereo pair
and combine them in FCP.
I use the visual reference of the waveform to align the audio and video with the "base clip"
PREVIOUSLY: everything was to a camera hard drive so , to create new clips for editing, i would simply play back the Audio in Digital Performer and shoot several new clips to be edited in ..
to do this we'd start shooting at the beginning of a song and keep rolling with any mistakes included. Then we drop all the new video in and start aligning the full tracks and begin cutting ..
*** in other words no stopping and starting the camera or the performance , it's too difficult to align the clips .. BUT .. not if they all had embedded timecode **
BUT NOW / To complicate matters :
Since we will Capture Now with the BMIpro card,
how to play back the audio ( so i can play back along with it to shoot new video clips ) ,
Capture Now and "include" the timecode
so we're not killing ourselves aligning clips with audio ?

Part B: how do i force clips with identical time codes to snap "in sync" ?
Part C: can FCP and Digital Performer lock to the same timecode on the same machine without hardware ?

*** Ideally, I would be able to lock DP and FCP to a common timecode and configure FCP to "Capture Now" when i press Play in Digital Performer and embed the timecode from Digital Performer ***
I can dream can't I ?? lol

Please Help ..
Thanks
Jeff

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]