FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intensity Pro, ALOT of problems, Please help!

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Callam Lawless
Intensity Pro, ALOT of problems, Please help!
on Mar 25, 2010 at 11:47:13 pm

Hi there.
I got an Intensity pro the other day for my birthday. I got it with the hope of being able to make some high quality machinima, but in my haste to get the card i didnt check the system specs at all. My pc isnt exactly weak or anything but im still having a lot of issues capturing.
Here are my system specs:

Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) (build 7600)

Processor-
3.20 gigahertz AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core
128 kilobyte primary memory cache
1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache
64-bit ready
Multi-core (2 total)

Main circuit board-
Board: ASUSTeK Computer INC. CROSSHAIR 1.XX
Bus Clock: 200 megahertz
BIOS: Phoenix Technologies, LTD ASUS CROSSHAIR ACPI BIOS Revision 0904 11/07/2007

1150.24 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
482.90 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

SAMSUNG HD103UJ USB Device [Hard drive] (1000.20 GB) -- drive 1, s/n 152D20329000
WDC WD15 00ADFD-00NLR SCSI Disk Device (150.04 GB) -- drive 0, s/n WD-WMAP41494341, SMART

Sorry im a noob when it comes to Specs :( just ask if you need any other informaton.
Basically i just want to know the best way to capture with a decent quality. Ive tried using VHcapture which worked quite well, but at best i could only capture for 25 seconds.
Please Help

Return to posts index

Kristian Lam
Re: Intensity Pro, ALOT of problems, Please help!
on Mar 26, 2010 at 8:43:45 am

Hi Callum,

What format or codec are you capturing to? It looks like you're capturing to a single hard disk and if you're capturing uncompressd video, the hard disk will nt be fast enough to sustain the capture. Best bet is to try capturing using the MJPEG codec and see if that captures smoothly.

regards

Kristian Lam
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Callam Lawless
on Mar 26, 2010 at 12:32:41 pm

Hi Kristian

Unfortunately i have tried the MJPEG codec along with a lot of others. I was actually afraid you would say it was a disk speed problem :( i was hoping it was just a little error that i had managed to over look.
Would you have any suggestions as to what i could get, Hard disk wise, that would work well? Thanks for the quick reply.

Callam

Return to posts index

Brian Louis
on Mar 26, 2010 at 9:29:00 pm

Just get another harddrive SATA II 7200rpm, 500gig or a 1TB, what you can afford and use it for video capture files, you should be able to do a few layers video. Western Digital Black 1TB are going for around $100 or less

Return to posts index

Kristian Lam
on Mar 27, 2010 at 8:35:51 am

So what's happening after 25 seconds of capture?

regards

Kristian Lam
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Callam Lawless
on Mar 28, 2010 at 12:22:46 am

The video cuts off after 25 seconds even though during capture it seems to be fine, and thats if it actually makes it to 25 seconds. It all depends on the Codec i use. i have many different problems depending on the compression, some of the caps that i have got have played sort of ok in WMP but if i try VLC the colours are all messed up, and then other times the audio is out of sync and the video is sped up to around double the original sources speed.

Brian, do you think this will completely correct my problems? I dont really want to have to spend any unnecessary money.

On a side note, I bought this pc from my friend and he seems to think that the hard drive should be able to handle this as it is a fast drive, so i was wondering if it could be RAM related.

By the way, Cheers for the input guys :D

Return to posts index

Selam Andemicael
on Apr 6, 2010 at 8:58:23 pm

I have the same hard drive (the Samsung 1TB) and I have no problems capturing 720p60/59.94 using the MJPG compression codec. It might be a CPU or RAM issue perhaps.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]