FORUMS: list search recent posts

HD Monitor/Broadcast Monitor

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Howden
HD Monitor/Broadcast Monitor
on Mar 25, 2010 at 7:51:16 pm

Hi All,

I'm in the process of upgrading my SD suite to a HD suite. I'm thinking about selling my 800 line Sony PCM14" monitor with SDI in/out and eventually replacing with an equivalent say a Sony 24" LMD2451W 1920x1080.

However in the meantime I need a HD monitor. I've been looking at some specs and it seems that the Dell UltraSharp U2410 Monitor seems to be the pick of the bunch in the under $1000 price range. It's looks like it's got great contrast ratio, response time and color stability.

I'm thinking about running 2 of these side by side, possibly one of them out of a blackmagic card using the HDMI out.

What's everyone else out there using and are there any pitfalls I should be aware of?

Thanks a bunch :-)

1 X 8-Core Mac Pro Xeon 2.8 Ghz
10 GIG RAM
Final Cut Studio, Adobe Creative Suite etc

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: HD Monitor/Broadcast Monitor
on Mar 25, 2010 at 8:44:02 pm

save your money.
You can buy the Panasonic TH42PD12UK for about $750 at B&H. It's a huge 42" plasma, and looks teriffic. You feed it the component outputs of your Blackmagic card, and you will get full HD resolution.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Mike Dunn
on Mar 29, 2010 at 2:55:19 am

Many problems with U2410 Green/Pink Tint Issues.

http://en.community.dell.com/forums/p/19297120/19630560.aspx#19630560

Mike

Return to posts index

Brett Howe
on Mar 30, 2010 at 4:44:03 am

Hi Adam

The Dell ultra-sharps are a nice monitor to work on, on your desktop, but don't bother as a preview monitor.

I have 2 as my main monitors, and I wen't down that path a few months back, while testing some HD workflows, and they just don't cut it.

A bit of lag, colours are off and the picture was very dissapointing.

I too am looking at my options, SDI HD would be nice, but the bucks are killing me.

Currently we are using some cheap full HD TV's with HDMI.....to get us through short term....but quite frankly, i'm better off rnning down-convert into my PANASONIC broadcast CRT for colour work.

Brett Howe
Creative Director / Producer
Brave Vision Pty Ltd

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]