FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dropped frames with Decklink and Intensity and Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jay Epperson
Dropped frames with Decklink and Intensity and Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder
on Mar 23, 2010 at 7:19:02 pm

We have been experiencing a massive amount of dropped frames in Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder (on Windows) with the Intensity and DeckLink SDI. Everything is flawless for the first couple of minutes and then drops down to 5-10fps.

I suspected that perhaps the input processing of these cards may have something to do with this, especially the Intensity's, as afaik its done in software (and the DeckLink's in hardware?) but ruled this out as even with 480i input the same thing happens.

For anyone interested, I can confirm that 1080i/720p input works in FMLE 3.1 (which isn't out yet but I'm a beta tester), however it doesn't mean much with these horrible frame drops. An FMLE developer in the Adobe beta forum mentioned that these issues may be due to a problem with Timestamps. I do not know how this carries over to the Windows side of things as DirectShow and QuickTime are two different animals, but it's worth a mention.

I would really like for someone from Blackmagic to shed some light on this. Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Martin Kraut
Re: Dropped frames with Decklink and Intensity and Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder
on Apr 22, 2010 at 1:33:48 pm

Jay,
i tested the Decklink Studio on a WinXP Pro (32-bit) system with the final release of the live encoder and everything is working very well. Could you tell me on which platform you have made the test ? I would give that also a try.

Return to posts index

Noah Wang
Re: Dropped frames with Decklink and Intensity and Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder
on Jun 1, 2010 at 8:50:57 pm

Martin,
I am experiencing the same problem with frame rate drops after 5~10 minutes. Here is my desktop setup.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (Clean Install)
Windows update to the latest 5/31/2010

Anti-Virus
Microsoft Windows Essential

Hardware with Driver
Black Magic Intensity (3.6.4)
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium PCIe (2.17.0007)
DTS Connect Pack for Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium series (1.03.08)
Dolby Digital Live Pack for Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium series (3.00.06)
ATI Radeon 5870 PCIe (10.5)
Gigabyte X58-UD4P on board LAN card (Default Windows 7 Driver)

Hardware
Intel i7-720
Gigabyte X58-UD4P (Latest Intel RTS and INF updates)
12GB DDR3

Return to posts index

Mattias Norberg
on Jul 21, 2011 at 11:31:27 am

hi
i did have very long time the same problem with Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder
I could never stream more then maby 2 min and then the fps start to drop down more and more
i did only get the streaming work with Wirecast 4.0 and the Newer Vidblaster with Camera II
but i did fix the problem now with a program called DPC Latency Checker and the source to the problem was PC Probe2 it´s a motherboard temp and cpu monitor

i did have 4000 latency so that was the problem
so now all works great no more fps drops :)

hope it helps others if they have Similar problem

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]