FORUMS: list search recent posts

HDMI capture

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mike moncrief
HDMI capture
on Mar 21, 2010 at 3:06:39 pm

Hello,

I am new to the Blackmagic family.. Sorry about the newbie question.. Anyway using a Multibridge Pro with an Mac Pro running FCP 6.06.. My question is can i capture directly into FCP using the HDMI input ?? If so what do you need to do to tell FCP to see the the HDMI in on the Blackmagic ?? Easy setup ???

Thanks to all..

Mike M.

Return to posts index

Callum McLay
Re: HDMI capture
on Mar 22, 2010 at 11:23:43 pm

Hi Mike

You can capture into Final Cut Pro using any of the inputs on your Multibridge. There are 2 main settings to use your Multibridge for HDMI capture.

The first is in System Preferences>>Blackmagic>>Set input, where you tell the Multibridge which connection you want to use for capture, in this case "HDMI video and HDMI audio." You also set many of the other hardware options for your Multibridge here.

The second is, as you correctly say, in the Easy Setups for Final Cut Pro. You want to choose a Blackmagic Easy Setup, that matches the resolution of the video you wish to capture, and also your desired codec.

For more information, please check out the user manual on our support pages here:

http://www.blackmagic-design.com/fr/support/documentation/

Callum McLay
Technical Support Manager
Blackmagic Design EMEA

Return to posts index

Mart Männik
Re: HDMI capture
on Sep 16, 2010 at 2:17:47 pm

Does not work. Maybe it's the player? I'm doing a capture test with a burned blu-ray disk and FCP shows me only black in capture window (all the settings checked and corresponding to source), the same with Premiere.

MacPro2008 octocore 2,8, 16GB ram, Multibridge Pro and a Philips blu-ray player.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]