COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt DeVries
No Video Playback with Decklink SP & FCP 7
on Mar 18, 2010 at 10:50:25 pm

OS 10.5.8
FCP 7.01
Decklink 7.5.2 (and 7.3.2)

I can't get video playback to work with Decklink and FCP 7. It stopped working when I upgraded to FCP 7 from v6. I can capture video fine, and I can playback audio from Decklink. If I use the Video Playback>Show Current command, I can even see a frame of video. But when I play the video, it sits on the frame. Otherwise, I just get black out of Decklink. This happens in both driver version 7.3.2 and 7.5.2.

When I capture video, the Decklink output shows what it's capturing. I've tried trashing preferences and toggling the External Video on and off. But I can't find anything that helps. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Matt DeVries

Return to posts index

Joshua Moss-O'Brien
Re: No Video Playback with Decklink SP & FCP 7
on Jan 20, 2011 at 6:01:56 am

OS 10.6
FCP 7.01
DeckLink 7.9.3

I am currently having the same issue although just updating to see if this solves the problem. i am very new at setting these up but it seem strange that i would get perfect playback when a sequence is sent to color but just the freeze frames in FCP. any help would be much appreciated.

i am using HDMI output to 1080p 24fps 8bit. however i have played around with the settings and it seems to occur no matter what settings i use for output.

Cheers

"A photograph is usually looked at - seldom looked into."
Ansel Adams

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]