FORUMS: list search recent posts

Major Intensity Pro and MediaExpress issues with new video card

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Derek Antos
Major Intensity Pro and MediaExpress issues with new video card
on Mar 16, 2010 at 1:21:12 am

Everything worked fine. I got a new video card, MSI 5850, and that's installed correctly and works fine. Now when I try to use Media Express with the Intensity Pro it just will not work at all. I first plugged everything in fine and nothing would show up in MediaExpress or on the tv. I was using 3.4 drivers because previously 3.5.1 wouldn't work at all. Now I uninstalled everything and tried 3.5.2, same problem. Except this time MediaExpress (v1) is completely unresponsive to everything. I click preferences and it doesn't show, the whole program freezes and I have to close it from the task manager, then once I hit end program the preferences show up...well that won't do anything now.

The Intensity Pro is not dead because my TV recognizes it trying to output a signal because it has a feature in my tv when it shows when its receiving and searching for a signal.

I'm using MediaExpress v1 because the bigger version never really worked for me and didn't even fit right on my screen.

Return to posts index

Kristian Lam
Re: Major Intensity Pro and MediaExpress issues with new video card
on Mar 16, 2010 at 6:28:33 am

Hi Derek,

Will you be able to try Media Express 2.0.3? That has a smaller interface.

regards

Kristian Lam
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Derek Antos
on Mar 16, 2010 at 7:53:49 pm

I just tried Media Express 2.0.3. It gave me no picture at all in the program or on the TV.

Media Express v1 freezes every time I go into it when ever I have the HDMI cables connected to it. It now even gives me a BSOD every time when I have to end the process. Its fine without them.

Return to posts index

Derek Antos
on Mar 16, 2010 at 8:04:40 pm

I actually just reseated the card in the PCI-E slot by taking it out and putting it back in. Now it works in Media Express v1, but no picture or anything from Media Express 2.0.3.

Return to posts index

Derek Antos
on Mar 16, 2010 at 8:45:47 pm

Alright I thought it was working in Media Express. It only sort of does.

It allows the video to show up on the TV but then I realize the preview screen is just a still image. The video still plays fine on the TV though. AS SOON as I press capture it says "dropped frames detected", I'm recording using the compressed codec. I have a Core 2 Quad Q6600. I never go above 40% CPU usage when recording. I'm also capturing to 2 750GB WD Caviar Blacks in RAID 0.

I go and check the captures and they're perfectly fine. I believe its only saying frames dropped, because there's a problem with the preview screen and it just sits still.

Again this is all after I got my new video card. I have programs such as MSI Afterburner and Catalyst Control Center running in the background. I don't know if these may be conflicting with the preview screen or what, I ended those programs and nothing changed.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]