FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intensity Pro Capturing audio too Loud

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Luc Wilson
Intensity Pro Capturing audio too Loud
on Mar 13, 2010 at 5:27:20 pm

Alright on the source of my PS3 and xbox360 games I can lower the music and sound. Though some games I can't lower anything and the sound is loud that clipping occurs. I can't lower the input audio on the card because I don't see any controls for it. I am using windows XP. I captured some video and removed the audio and ran it through audio audition 3. The wave form was above the clipping zone. I could lower the amplitude but the distortion from capturing too loud would still be there. Anyway to lower the line input for the card? I don't see why black magic didn't do any mixer for this. I have a realtek HD on board sound mixer but doesn't affect line in except the audio jacks. I tried using the line in audio on the motherboard but I could only get virtual dub to record that way but I got dropped frames and I don't get anything dropped in media express. Any suggestions or help would be awesome.

Thanks
Luc

p.s. I sent this to black magic support 3 times but still no response so I thought this board looks active and I would see what people think on here.

Return to posts index

Callum McLay
Re: Intensity Pro Capturing audio too Loud
on Mar 14, 2010 at 10:47:31 pm

Hi Luc

Intensity Pro does not have any gain controls for audio at a driver level, although this is possible for analogue audio on our Decklink range of capture cards. If you are capturing embedded audio over HDMI, this would not be affected by gain controls on the card.

Some software applications will allow you to drop the gain on capture, but it might be worth checking that your settings on the consoles are at the default level output or lower if you are using Blackmagic Media Express.

If you have sent a support request through the web, you might wish to follow this up with a call to your local support office, and one of our guys would be happy to work through some basic troubleshooting with you.

http://www.blackmagic-design.com/company/

Callum McLay
Technical Support Manager
Blackmagic Design EMEA

Return to posts index

Luc Wilson
on Mar 15, 2010 at 3:29:44 am

Thanks for the help I will call in. Also, I had one more question regarding 3.5.2. I am using 3.4 currently and when I upgrade to 3.5.2 I can't get the intensity pro to see my input source. I tried everything. I ended up having to downgrade back to 3.4. Any ideas of why this is happening? I tried this 3 times and no problem on 3.4.

Thanks
Luc

Return to posts index

Judd Wenzel
on Mar 15, 2010 at 11:24:02 pm

All that needs to be done is to adjust your input volume. This is
done in the volume control section on your tool bar ( speaker icon),
just adjust your WAVE volume as this is the source volume for your card.

Cheers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]