FORUMS: list search recent posts

BlackMagic Intensity Pro won't upgrade firmware on my Windows 7 64bit pro machine

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Guthrie
BlackMagic Intensity Pro won't upgrade firmware on my Windows 7 64bit pro machine
on Mar 5, 2010 at 1:56:42 am

I just got my BlackMagic Design Intensity Pro HDMI card yesterday. Sadly, I have been unable to get it to work.

Specifically, when I install the software at the very end of the process it says "Please upgrade firmware to enable capture and viewing on this card" I click ok and then it fails. The prompt then tells me to restart the computer and try again. So I restart the computer and try again. Fail again.

I've rinsed and repeated this process about 10 times trying different things such as:

All 4 versions of the driver known to work with Windows 7 including 3.32, 3.4, 3.51 and 3.52
Putting the card in a different PCI Express slot
Crossing my fingers again for the 10th time

Is it safe to say the card is dead? Frustratingly BlackMagic Design's RMA process requires me to pay to ship the card back even if it's proven to be broken (wtf?)

Wondering what else I can do. Here are the specs on my machine:

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4 GHz
8 GB DDR2 RAM
EVGA 122-CK-NF63-TR LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard

Return to posts index

Richard chin
Re: BlackMagic Intensity Pro won't upgrade firmware on my Windows 7 64bit pro machine
on Apr 23, 2010 at 5:38:20 pm

I have this exact same problem. I haven't found a solution as yet. I'm running the same OS as you too. My card worked well in XP but after upgrading to Win 7 64 bit that was it. I may just have to send it back for repairs as well.

JOHN 3:16

Return to posts index

Mark Maertens
Re: BlackMagic Intensity Pro won't upgrade firmware on my Windows 7 64bit pro machine
on May 28, 2010 at 11:25:10 am

I have the same issue, also using the XFX nForce 790i Ultra SLI board.
Have a feeling this may be the issue in combination with Windows 7. Will have to either return the capture card or get help from tech support. Will post my results.

Return to posts index

Mark Maertens
on May 28, 2010 at 9:32:40 pm

Still no luck after calling Black Magic support.
Turned down the UAC settings. Disabled windows defender etc. Tried reinstalling the IP card in a PCie 16 slot, even worse, couldn't get the drivers to install. Went back to the Pcie 1 slot, drivers installed, Adobe Premiere CS5 recognizes the card. Firmware update issue. Wow, what a _______ card.
Would really like to make this card work, frustrating. Does anyone have any other suggestings?

Return to posts index

Allan Maniego
on Jun 21, 2010 at 12:50:28 am

Hi, I'm from the Philippines.

I have the same problem with you guys. I tried installing the intensity pro for 6 hours on my windows 7 ultimate 64-bit and tried every possible solution but didn't get it to work. what I've got is either blue screen error or my windows freezes.

Any words from technical support?

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
on Jun 24, 2010 at 9:52:36 pm

you should be able to download a firmware upgrade from here, for Windows 7 64 bit.
http://www.blackmagic-design.com/support/software/register.asp?download=605
Hope this helps, Danny Hays

Return to posts index

Henry Grevemberg
on Sep 25, 2010 at 3:14:11 pm

I mistakenly downloaded the decklink driver instead of the intensity one. I didn't think of it because I use HDlink from cineform, I thought decklink was the blackmagic capture software. On loading it demanded a firmware upgrade, flashing the rom to the wrong card. There was no warning or visible problem until the inevitable hang. I've tried to load the correct drivers and firmware, but it hangs during install and cripples my machine ( Asus m4a89 890FX w/ AMD1090T 6-core, 8 gigs gskill 1600/cl8 DDR3, ATI 5780 Matrix - everything brand new.. support was no help - they couldn't figure out how flashing a rom to a wrong firmware could be a problem.. rma - waiting.

Return to posts index

uli kleiner
on Dec 29, 2010 at 10:45:32 pm

Hi guys, did you find a solution for this problem?? Have the same!
Blackmagic couldn't help until now! I'm still struggling.......

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]