FORUMS: list search recent posts

blackmagic intensity pro/mac - no video out

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
joerg dittmar
blackmagic intensity pro/mac - no video out
on Feb 28, 2010 at 7:33:08 pm

hi,

on my mac pro dual quad 2,26 GHz, 10.6.2, with FCS 3, FCP 7.0.1, i use a blackmagic intensity pro for monitoring to a HD and a PAL monitor.

with driver 3.3.2, everything works just fine. with 3.5.1 or 3.5.2, there is no video out, neither via HDMI nor analogue nor sound - just black and silence. i upgraded firmware and software, then downgraded a couple of times, always the same effect.

blackmagic support could not help.

any ideas how to fix this? thank you!

Return to posts index

Brett Howe
Re: blackmagic intensity pro/mac - no video out
on Mar 11, 2010 at 6:48:45 am

Hi Joerg

We have exactly the same problem here..except on a windows 7 64 bit box.

The older drivers work fine, but a little buggy in Premiere Pro CS4. The answer we thought was to upgrade drivers, and get all those bug fixes the BM guys are always working on.

When we upgrade the drivers and firmware, the board ceases to function. No video output. No Audio. The machine does recognize the card.

If we roll them back..then all functionality returns.

You are not the only one with the problem.

I hope the BM guys are reading this.

It seems to me the firmware has an issue!

Brett Howe
Creative Director / Producer
Brave Vision Pty Ltd

Return to posts index

Chris Pearse
on Mar 15, 2010 at 2:19:13 pm

Hi Brett,

I have been dealing with Joerg's case here in the EMEA office, and he has pointed me toward this thread because you seem to have similar problems.

If you have not already done so, please do contact your local support office and they will do everything they can to help you out. You can find a list of support offices on our website using the link below.

http://www.blackmagic-design.com/company/

Chris Pearse
Technical Support Consultant
Blackmagic Design EMEA

Return to posts index

Brett Howe
on Mar 15, 2010 at 10:27:42 pm

Thanks Chris

I have contacted BM support, to try to get to the bottom of this, and have had no joy.

Unfortunateley, the Intensity Card is in a Dell machine. So the blanket response was, we don't support Dell!

I understand the issues with Dell hardware....but...this was a fully functioning, card in this box, until the firmware upgrade. So as you could understand...I'm not entireley happy with the response.

We are a professional production company, with all levels of gear. The Dell/Intensity combo is a low cost option. But I would hazard a guess....at the pricepoint of the intensity...there are many users running the card in all kinds of boxes...including dell.

I guess I'm just perplexed that a PCIe card, should be working to some kind of standard. (If Only it were that simple).

Anyway, we have another Dell box here wit han intensity in it, so I'll upgrade that one and see if we encounter the same issue.

I'm speccing a new workstation for cutting AVCIntra....I'll stay well clear of Dell for this one.

Brett Howe
Brave Vision Pty Ltd

Return to posts index

joerg dittmar
on May 22, 2010 at 1:16:01 pm

hi,

update: BM gave me a new intensity pro. now everything works perfectly. thank you, BM!!!

Return to posts index

Brett Howe
on May 24, 2010 at 11:49:57 pm

I'm Glad to hear BM have sorted you out.

I will continue to get some kind of result, as I have had no joy thus far.

I was told to stick with the drivers that work on the card, which doesn't help me migrating to CS5, matter of fact, it makes my card redundant!

I shall chase BM agin, and see if we can get some closure.

Thanks for the update.

Brett

Brett Howe
Brave Vision Pty Ltd

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]