FORUMS: list search recent posts

CS4 Premiere & Blackmagic not working

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Anderson
CS4 Premiere & Blackmagic not working
on Feb 22, 2010 at 9:56:47 pm

I am seeking help for solving a problem that our new editor is having using CS4 Premiere and HD Extreme. Our system will not playback dissolves without the video freezing if the Premiere timeline has been rendered. If you DON’T render the timeline the dissolve will playback fine. This problem happens when we capture with any BlackMagic uncompressed SD codecs like 8bit, 10bit or MJEPG. If the video is captured as a BlackMagic DV codec there are NO problems with rendered dissolves. Our system uses 7.5 BlackMagic drivers and Adobe CS4 Premiere running on Vista 64. The raid drives have more then adequate speed (300MB + read and 180MB + write) to handle uncompressed SD. Has anyone run into this issue?

Also, another problem I've encountered is with playback of uncompressed AVI’s with an alpha channel that was rendered in After Effects. They will not playback correctly in CS4 Premiere. It's strange; you can see the video with the alpha channel when you step frame-by-frame through the timeline but it will not show up at all when you play it on either Premiere or Decklink monitors. (I can take the same Microsoft uncompressed AVI file with alpha channel and it will work on my older system which uses a BlackMagic Decklink Extreme.)

I have emailed this problem to Blackmagic technical support but they have not responded. Any idea why this would happen? I need to get this resolved so we can have fully fuctioning editor.

System Specs:
HP Z800 with Quad Core Processor
10GB Ram
NVIDA GTX260 video card
2TB Raid 5 Internal storage
Adobe CS4
Visa Business 64bit
Decklink HD Extreme

Thank you in advance for your help with this issue.

Return to posts index

Achilleas Thessalos
Re: CS4 Premiere & Blackmagic not working
on Feb 23, 2010 at 11:07:32 pm

Same issue and for me....

DeckLink HD Extreme
Intensity Pro
Broadcast Converter

Return to posts index

eric heimhilger
Re: CS4 Premiere & Blackmagic not working
on Feb 24, 2010 at 10:57:19 pm

hi guys,

the same..my workaround:

render problem: change your render settings to dvcpro50 and try again.
alpha problem: use dynamic link and work with linked compositions.

best eric

eric heimhilger
schnittwer.tv

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]