FORUMS: list search recent posts

Will Interlacing show on Intensity Pro?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Moon
Will Interlacing show on Intensity Pro?
on Feb 18, 2010 at 8:10:06 pm

Hi Blackmagic brains.
At the shop I work in, we need to do monitoring of video for interlacing and field reversal issues. We have Mac Pros running FCP7, and we regularly mix various flavors of SD and HD formats into SD and HD timelines. The timelines are usually DVC Pro50 NTSC, or DVC ProHD. Final product is broadcast and cable. We are seeing interlacing issues hit air, but of course they do not show up on the FCP Sequence. They also do not show up using Digital Cinema Desktop Preview. We were considering adding Blackmagic Intensity Pro cards feeding consumer HDMI monitors. Would interlacing and fielding issues probably show up on a setup like this?
Thanks for any help!

Return to posts index

andy prada
Re: Will Interlacing show on Intensity Pro?
on Feb 19, 2010 at 8:55:53 am

I am about to embark on buying a new monitor for my edit setup and face the same dilemna as yourself. I had (still have) a 16:9 analogue Sony Trintron which being interlaced is ideal for monitoring field dominance and interlacing. I too don't trust lcd's at all for this.

My understanding is that everything is sort of moving toward progressive display which counteracts the problem at the back end. However, I like my video perfect and have yet to get a proper answer so I've held off buying an HDMI LCD solution.

I await the reply of others with better knowledge with some interest

Return to posts index

Fred Jodry
Re: Will Interlacing show on Intensity Pro?
on Mar 2, 2010 at 11:29:00 pm

Sometimes it shovels the problem to the back end too. find ways to capture multiple identified fields for analysis and maybe add a video oscilloscope to the monitoring. My answers are not the ultimate. He who stops asking and checking because he thinks he`s logically thought it all out is too logical. He`s dead from the neck up.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]