FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon 7D HDMI Issue

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob Gulley
Canon 7D HDMI Issue
on Feb 16, 2010 at 8:27:51 pm

Hey all,

Got a Canon 7D. It works on my HD TV via HDMI. I can see live view and playback just fine.

But the 7D isn't having it with Intensity Pro on my Mac Pro. I connect the 7D via HDMI into the Intensity Pro (yes I have the right port). In Final Cut Pro, the capture preview shows only black, and after a moment after I turn the 7D on, it turns off and displays "Err 80" on the information display. Does anybody have any ideas?

Canon 7D has Firmware 1.1.1.

BlackMagic phone tech support denies responsibility, even though my 7D works with the HD TV.

Return to posts index

Juan Salvo
Re: Canon 7D HDMI Issue
on Feb 18, 2010 at 7:31:28 am

Could it be that the Canon 7Ds HDMI uses HDCP, there by preventing the intensity from viewing and capturing the footage?

Return to posts index

Marijn Buitenwerf
on Mar 16, 2010 at 2:21:31 pm

I'm having issues with the HDMI out of the 7D as well. I tried to hook up my Manhattan LCD HD8900 monitor to it, but all I got was a standard SD resolution instead of magnificent sharp HD. This makes my monitor worthless for pulling good focus. And indeed, on my TV it looks great!

According to Manhattan LCD the 7D uses HDCP, which makes that stream impossible to use with their monitors ( which is a seperate issue ofcourse ).

The solution offered was to use an illegal piece of equipment called a DHCP stripper. No idea where you can pick these up but perhaps that might solve your problem. I haven't tried it myself yet.

Return to posts index

Anmol Mishra
on Apr 30, 2010 at 1:26:32 pm

An addendum to this thread. The 7D outputs fine as long as you select NTSC. In PAL, it seems to output an incorrect signal that causes problems.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]