Video and Audio drop outs during S-Video/RCA Audio Capture

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Damien Collier
Video and Audio drop outs during S-Video/RCA Audio Capture
on Feb 16, 2010 at 6:04:02 pm

Hello,
I just got my BM Intensity Card.
I 'm running FCP 7 on a 2x2.8 Ghz Quad-Core Xeon, 10GB of 800MHZ DDR2 FB-DIMM memory with OSX 10.6.2.
My capture drive is a 7200rpm Seagate Cheetah internally installed in the tower.
The deck is a JVC S-VHS (consumer grade), outputting from S-Video and RCA Audio to Intensity Analog inputs.
The Intensity card is installed in Slot 4 and the preferences are set up for S-Video/RCA Audio input.

I am getting major, simultaneous video/audio drop outs (5 or 6 frames) during capture using FCP 7.
There are no error messages popping up and I have audio preview on.
I undertand that uncompressed capture requires a RAID setup, but I'm trying Apple Pro Res SD.
What is the highest quality I can use for SD, before needing a RAID setup?
Does Blackmagic Media Express work better for capture? Setting problems with FCP?

Note: I was able to copy the same S-VHS to Mini DV with no drop outs. Then when I captured the mini dv footage, some of it was out of sync, with a bunch of "black" at the end of the clip. A whole other issue.

I really want to capture better than DV from S-Video, using my Blackmagic Intensity Card!

Please Help.
Thank YOU.

Return to posts index

Damien Collier
Re: Video and Audio drop outs during S-Video/RCA Audio Capture
on Feb 25, 2010 at 4:24:32 pm

Purchased a time base corrector to stabilize the analog signal being captured. Completely fixed the problem. No drop outs!

Damien

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]