FORUMS: list search recent posts

My PC is Unable to find my Intensity Pro Capture Card?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dominic Breakey
on Feb 16, 2010 at 5:59:38 am

I have been using my Intensity Pro for about 2 months now, it was working great, but then one day out of nowhere, my Media Express v1 came up saying "Unable to Capture: no capture card found" so I checked to see if my Capture card was plugged into my PC properly; it was and still is. Made sure the HDMi cables going from my Xbox to the HDMi splitter to the Capture Card where all in properly. I've used windows 'Add a Device' It didn't work; so I decided to open up Media Express v2 just to see if it could pick up my card, but v2 wouldn't even open up, it just came up saying "The Blackmagic driver that is currently installed in your system is not compatible with Media Express. Please install the latest version of the Blackmagic driver." so I went to Blackmagic's website and the latest driver they have for download is already in use, but I uninstalled the drivers I had already, installed the latest ones that Blackmagic had available, but still nothing. This hole driver issue has something to do with my PC not being able to pick up my Capture Card, but I don't get it, "Install the latest drivers" But I have?! If anyone can help or direct me to a piece of Software I'm missing, please help. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Fred Jodry
Re: My PC is Unable to find my Intensity Pro Capture Card?
on Feb 17, 2010 at 11:42:51 pm

Windows OS has literally put a tripping foot in front of one (or more) of your drivers. Go to ControlPanel, then System, then Hardware and write down the path of all hubs and their drivers going towards your card and BMD. Occasionally it`s possible to just delete all the offending drivers then reboot to reinstall the good ones, and simply deleting the drivers then moving the cable card to another slot (or maybe another, another if the motherboard can`t detect the card in that slot) is a next try. If these don`t work then look for a friend who fixes dirty registrys and similar. Reinstall the previous drivers before trying new ones and use my general rule; keep your production machine off the internet and away from virussy game CDs. Updates should be tried on a "Guinea Pig" hard drive first and any clues both good and bad from the "right click to antivirus the file" Gurus should also be written down.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
by Dominic Breakey on Feb 16, 2010 at 12:59:38 am
I have been using my Intensity Pro for about 2 months now, it was working great, but then one day out of nowhere, my Media Express v1 came up saying "Unable to Capture: no capture card found" so I checked to see if my Capture card was plugged into my PC properly; it was and still is. Made sure the HDMi cables going from my Xbox to the HDMi splitter to the Capture Card where all in properly. I've used windows 'Add a Device' It didn't work; so I decided to open up Media Express v2 just to see if it could pick up my card, but v2 wouldn't even open up, it just came up saying "The Blackmagic driver that is currently installed in your system is not compatible with Media Express. Please install the latest version of the Blackmagic driver." so I went to Blackmagic's website and the latest driver they have for download is already in use, but I uninstalled the drivers I had already, installed the latest ones that Blackmagic had available, but still nothing. This hole driver issue has something to do with my PC not being able to pick up my Capture Card, but I don't get it, "Install the latest drivers" But I have?! If anyone can help or direct me to a piece of Software I'm missing, please help. Thanks

Return to posts index

Dominic Breakey
on Feb 18, 2010 at 4:39:39 pm

It didn't work. I have Windows 7 just incase that helps.

Return to posts index

Josh Trif
on Mar 30, 2010 at 3:07:42 am

Hi there,

I usually have this issue when I disconnect everything from my computer when moving it from one place to the next, I don't know if it's the real cause of the issue, but I fix it by unplugging everything and then I open up the computer where the capture card is installed and then I pull the card out and then put the card back in as you would normally do when installing it, the computer will then show the capture card.

I hope this helps.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]