FORUMS: list search recent posts

INTENSITY not showing any video

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
nathan costa
INTENSITY not showing any video
on Feb 15, 2010 at 8:02:36 am

I have just purchased an INTENSITY PRO and have it installed in my computer... i downloaded the latest drivers and everything seem to have gone well!
I pluged in my XBOX 360 through the HDMI IN port and the HDMI out is going to my TV. I have been messing around with it as much as i can but i cannot seem to get any picture from my xbox to either my PC or my TV... I currently have the resolution set to 720p and i opened several capture software (Blackmagic media express1, 2, webcamMax, etc...) and they all show a black screen.
Something i also noticed: My TV usually gives me a blue screen and text saying "no input" floating around if there is no video going in to the selected input... the input that is receiving the HDMI from the INTENSITY PRO is showing a black screen and not even showing the NO INPUT screen.
can anyone please help?

Return to posts index

Robert Myers
Re: INTENSITY not showing any video
on Feb 15, 2010 at 4:49:56 pm

I never used the HDMI out for monitoring, so I'm not much help there, but I have been successfully using my intensity to capture from my 360 with a powered HDMI splitter. (1 cable to the Intensity, 1 to the TV.)

Have you checked the Intensity's preferences through either Media Express or your (Windows?) Control Panel? BM fails to mention in the instructions that you must coordinate these settings with your source video.

Return to posts index

nathan costa
on Feb 15, 2010 at 5:07:28 pm

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit
here is a screencap of my Blackmagic Control Panel

and here is my setting in Blackmagic Media Express

i also set up my xbox to display in 720p

Return to posts index

Robert Myers
on Feb 15, 2010 at 8:58:53 pm

Okay those look like the correct settings.. have you tried plugging the 360 into the Intensity card without and monitoring with Media Express?

Return to posts index

nathan costa
on Feb 15, 2010 at 9:12:12 pm

yep! looked it up using adobe premiere pro CS4, media express 2, VH Multi camera studio and webcam max... Is this problem common? should i be sending it into blackmagic or back to my retailer?

Return to posts index

Robert Myers
on Feb 16, 2010 at 5:36:50 pm

Not sure if this is a common problem, but I HAVE had an Intensity card go bad before. In my experience however, the bad card had the control panel grayed out - not allowing any changes to be made to the settings. From the screenshots you attached, it looks like your card is still good... but who knows.

I would contact Blackmagic and see if they can help you out from this point. Good luck!

Return to posts index

nathan costa
on Feb 16, 2010 at 10:42:09 pm

I was running into the greyed out deal but i found out things werent put in the port properly... as long as it finds the card that doesnt happen :P ive gotten some other responses on other forums... i am going to try a few other things and i will post here again once i have solved the situation!

Return to posts index

nathan costa
on Feb 16, 2010 at 11:02:25 pm

The issue has been resolved! thanks for the help anyway though! apparently a lot of people are having issues with the card being unusable with 3.5 drivers and were getting the same results i was. So it now works quite sexy with 3.4 drivers! i had quite the frustrating long weekend but now im actually quite happy :D

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]