FORUMS: list search recent posts

New Monitor with HDMI

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Crosby
New Monitor with HDMI
on Feb 15, 2010 at 5:29:17 am

Hey everyone, I was looking at purchasing a new monitor for my computer. I wasn't looking at spending that much, so I was looking at getting an HDTV (maybe a Sony Bravia) with an HDMI input. Any ideas on a good monitor for my editing and color work? I kinda was looking at the 32 inch Sony XBR Bravia Series. It's on sale and I was thinking this would be a good monitor because it would give me a great monitor for viewing my footage from FCP, Avid, Color and After Effects. Also, I would like to use this monitor to playback my blu-rays, so I would want an HDMI input, which the Apple Cinema Displays won't provide. I don't know much about monitors, but I thought the Sony would be good, but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I was curious as how to hook up my MacBook Pro to this monitor to get the best resolution and use every bit of my new monitor. Is there just a cord that Apple makes? I also do not know anything about the BlackMagic Design products, such as the Multibridge, HD Link or Mini Converters, or even the Matrox MXO2. What do these items used for? Would I benefit from any of these for what I am looking to do (editing/color correction/graphics on a HD monitor)?

I know all of the software (such as FCP, After Effects, etc.), but I am just stepping into and learning all of this hardware to make workflows better/easier/quicker. Thanks in advance for any and all comments!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]