FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intensity not working for pc to pc capture....?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Myers
Intensity not working for pc to pc capture....?
on Feb 13, 2010 at 4:39:56 pm

I'm wanting to capture anaglyph 3D video from one pc to another. Software options are not working - as they are incompatible with the 3D drivers from iZ3D, so I must find a hardware solution.

I assumed I would be able to simply plug the source pc into my Intensity pro with a DVI to HDMI cable (and use the capture window as a virtual monitor), but I'm getting no signal in Premiere or Media Express. I have also tried splitting the signal with my powered HDMI splitter I use to capture video from my Xbox 360 - which has always worked fine. However, when connected to the source pc, I get a signal to a monitor, but not to the Intensity.

The only option that has worked in any way is attaching the Intensity to the secondary output of my source video card while having a monitor attached to the primary output (of the source card as well). Media express receives and records video this way, but I cannot run my source video fullscreen on the secondary display - and even when I drag it over to run in a window, the strain on the GPU is too great to achieve a decent framerate.

I have tried resetting/restarting the pcs to trigger the input, have tested all of my cables, the splitter, the Intensity, Media Express... and all work fine in other arrangements.

If using the Intensity to capture a video signal directly from another pc is not possible due to some technical issues I am not aware of, does anyone know of something else that might work? Sorry if this is an amateur problem, but I am hoping there is a common solution to this problem I'm simply having a hard time finding. I would imagine capturing video from a pc is necessary in several professional situations...

Thanks so much for any help!

Return to posts index

Robert Myers
Re: Intensity not working for pc to pc capture....?
on Feb 14, 2010 at 10:29:06 pm

Not knowing all that much about video frequency and compatibility of signal, I'm guessing a 1280x760 signal exiting my source pc isn't the same as a 720p or similar signal meant to be captured by the Intensity pro...? (I figured it was all the same though, since I'm staying strictly digital.)

If this might be the problem, is there a way to convert the signal en route or buy some sort of new card that will export the proper signal?

I DID just realize however, (duh) that my signal was set to 75Hz rather than 60Hz. No idea how this happened, but I will try again @ 60Hz this week.

Return to posts index

Kristian Lam
on Feb 15, 2010 at 6:27:55 am

Hi Robert,

If the output frequency is indeed 75Hz, then that's most likely the issue. You'll need to ensure that you send a video frequency and not a "computer" type frequency.

regards

Kristian Lam
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Robert Myers
on Feb 15, 2010 at 4:28:38 pm

I am hoping this was this issue - embarrassed to have overlooked it.

In theory though, this setup should work, correct? The Intensity should have no problem receiving a signal from another pc?

Thanks so much for the reply :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]