FORUMS: list search recent posts

Analogue Import Problems

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Jones
Analogue Import Problems
on Feb 12, 2010 at 10:13:34 pm

A few months ago I posted on here a problem I have capturing analogue material through the Decklink Extreme HD card
I get lots of lines and interference on the preview monitor on FCP and thats what it records
I replaced the card and still the same
I connect a DVD player or Beta SP directly to the Decklink input, ie bypassing my router/switcher and still the same interference.
My last resort was to connect my DVD player to the HDMI input and I can't get that working at all !!
I change all the settings in the Decklink preferences, restart, load new drivers, go back to old driver and still the same problem.
I have moved the card to another slot in my Mac Pro
I can't believe its a problem with the seating of the card or the MAc as the SDI input works perfectly.
Obviously I am now desperate to get this fixed with a large job next week involving importing dvd's etc.

I have the latest version of FCP V7
OSX 10.6.2
Mac Pro

Any help appreciated

Return to posts index

Kristian Lam
Re: Analogue Import Problems
on Feb 15, 2010 at 6:26:54 am

Hi Paul,

What is the current version of drivers you have installed?

I'm not sure about the issues with analog input but the HDMI output from your DVD player is very likely encrypted and will not allow us to capture from it. This is applicable even if you're playing your own created DVDs.

regards

Kristian Lam
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Paul Jones
on Feb 15, 2010 at 10:33:40 am

Current driver is 7.3.2.
I have also rolled back to old drivers and still the same.
A lot of people have mentioned about the reference input, I was always thinking that the Decklink card would have no problem capturing from a DVD player with or without a seperate reference ?
Also I didn't have this problem before

Cheers

Return to posts index

Paul Jones
on Feb 15, 2010 at 9:18:36 pm

Just updated to V7.5...still the same problem

Return to posts index

Joe Valdez
on Feb 22, 2010 at 5:08:41 pm

Has anyone found a solution for this problem?? I am currently experiencing this as well. :(

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]