FORUMS: list search recent posts

Closed Captioning

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Bernardoni
Closed Captioning
on Feb 4, 2010 at 9:32:41 pm

Aloha,

I am gonna try my luck on this forum, send a support request to blackmagic over a month ago, and still waiting for an answer. Anyway...

Since version 7.3.2 of Declink I am not able to caption shows. Everything worked fine with previous version of the software, I used to get a blackmovie from the caption company and everything was well. But since the newest version I am not able to see my caption. I used to edit with 8bit timeline, but I understand that will no longer work. I would like to get some help on figure it out.
What format should the caption company send me the blackmovie, and I guess only 10bit uncompressed timeline is to be used.
Mahalo for your help.

Return to posts index

Jason Livingston
Re: Closed Captioning
on Feb 5, 2010 at 1:10:45 am

Hi Daniel,
We have also found this to be the case.

Fortunately, the new drivers support the Final Cut Pro 7 closed captioning feature, which in some ways is more convenient because you don't have to render the video anymore.

To make use of the new FCP7 workflow for standard definition output, you need to use a QuickTime 608 Closed Captions track, or a .SCC file. Almost any closed captioning company which uses CPC's MacCaption software will be able to generate these files for you. (HD closed captioning is now supported as well!)

Hope this helps,

Jason Livingston
CPC Closed Captioning

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]