FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut SD playback not working on DeckLink Studio 2

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Todd Kausen
Final Cut SD playback not working on DeckLink Studio 2
on Feb 4, 2010 at 5:00:33 am

I've got FCP 7.0.1 running on MacPro 10.6.2 2x2.66 Quad w/ 16M ram. Blackmagic Decklink Studio 2 v7.3.2

I started a new project to bring in some rendered QT movies that were rendered out at 720x486. When I brought them into a new sequence, it asked me to switch the sequence to the size of the clips, which I did. Upon playback, I get the full video playback in the FCP monitor, but I'm only getting a single frame of video on the output of my card. When I pause playback, the card output updates to the current frame.

It seems to be consistent on all output types, HDSDI, SDI, Comp, etc.

I've opened an existing HD project and that plays fine. I also opened an older project that worked fine before and it has the same "still only" problem.

Any ideas here?

Return to posts index

Todd Kausen
Re: Final Cut SD playback not working on DeckLink Studio 2
on Feb 4, 2010 at 10:22:37 pm

I was able (with some help from some FCP users) to figure out that my sequence was adjusting to the H.264 compression of the QT clips I dropped on them. Although they played back realtime in FCP, the card didn't play it back. Once I switched the compression over to 10-bit in the sequence settings (and rendered out) it all plays back fine.

Hope that helps someone, someday that is stuck like I was.

Thanks,

Todd Kausen
Multi-Media Productions
STAPLES Center
Nokia Theatre - LA LIVE

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]