FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intensity Pro x58/p55 motherboard compatibility

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tanel Toomsalu
Intensity Pro x58/p55 motherboard compatibility
on Feb 3, 2010 at 2:47:23 pm

Hello

Since I have one Intensity Pro just lying around, I'd like to put it into good use in a mainly Nuendo 4 using machine for video monitoring.
All compatible motherboards in Blackmagic's site are kinda old and I have read a lot of incompatibility stories with x58 (mostly asus/intel) boards.
Does anyone here have Intensity pro (or I guess studio as they are both x1 PCIe) working in either X58 (gigabyte?) or P55 chipset motherboards? I'd really like to use core i7 motherboard for that particular machine.

Thank You in advance,

Tanel

Return to posts index

Bo Skelmose
Re: Intensity Pro x58/p55 motherboard compatibility
on Feb 3, 2010 at 7:02:07 pm

Hi
Yes I have a
ASUS P6T WS Professional Bundkort ATX iX58 LGA1366 Socket working with the intensity Pro and Premiere CS4.
Tried it on the ASUS P6T7 WS SuperComputer too - now this is running HD Extreme card.

Return to posts index

Kristian Lam
on Feb 3, 2010 at 11:02:23 pm

Hi Tanel,

I would recommend the p55 based motherboards.

regards

Kristian Lam
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Tanel Toomsalu
on Feb 3, 2010 at 11:11:59 pm

Thank you. I'll try p55 then :)

Tanel

Return to posts index

Steven Gage
on Feb 7, 2010 at 1:44:31 pm

Kristian,

Can you clarify on the X58 issue? Does this mean that the Intensity cards can not be used with any X58 designs?

Steve

Return to posts index

Aristides Tiropolis
on Feb 8, 2010 at 9:23:13 pm

Actually the X58 mainboards are a much better platform since they use QPI and not DMI which is slower, they can accommodate more memory and have 36 dedicated PCI express lanes plus 4 more on the ICH10R so the mainboard is very expandable (for things like x4 SATA Optical fiber, more video editing cards etc) and its the same used in the Mac Pro. Plus it will accommodate the upcoming 6 core 12 threaded Gulftown with a simple bios update so it is something to think about... I use my X58 with an x4 PCIe extreme and I have no probs. But I have not tested\used an intensity.

On the other hand if the machine is destined for relatively low end use and just the intensity, you may need to go with P55 approved mainboards by blackmagic...

Return to posts index

andy prada
on Feb 24, 2010 at 1:21:55 pm

I have a core i7 950 cpu with an Asrock X58 deluxe mobo. I can definitely say that the Intensity pro does not work with it. I'm currently looking at other solutions.

Return to posts index

Aristides Tiropolis
on Mar 4, 2010 at 10:11:12 am

To anyone struggling with X58 mainboards and intensity cards, intel has recently released an update for its X58 line of chipsets and it has been proliferating to all mainboard (through bios update) manufacturers not just intel ones.
The changes (errata) are mainly focused on PCIe compatibility so you might wanna give it a shot before giving up.

Cheers.

Return to posts index

andy prada
on Mar 4, 2010 at 11:53:14 am

I've got the latest Bios update 2.3 for the board together with the latest drivers and chipset - downloaded from the asrock website.

MY PC still doesn't recognize my Intensity hardware. Could be that the board has fried of course, but BM don't think this is likely.

I'm going to pop it into another redundant system to see if it will recognise it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]