FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blackmagic Hd Extreme Audio Query

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Harris
Blackmagic Hd Extreme Audio Query
on Feb 3, 2010 at 12:05:57 pm

Hi
I have just received the Extreme Decklink card from Blackmagic to go in to my mac pro with which I will edit XDcam footage using final cut pro. Along with the Extreme card, I purchased a pair of M-Audio studio monitor speakers and i am about to hook it all up.
My question is, which audio output do I take from the cards cables? The speakers I have feature an XLR input in them so I figure I can use XLR cables?
I want to ensure I am hearing the best/correct feed of the footage i am editing through the monitor speakers.

If any one can help, I would really appreciate it.

Steve

Return to posts index

Tracy Peterson
Re: Blackmagic Hd Extreme Audio Query
on Feb 3, 2010 at 10:53:00 pm

I'd use the balanced XLR outputs from the card directly, or through a mixer, as I have them.

That makes two ways. Either connect an XLR cable between the L speaker and the L BMD connection, ditto for R side, and you are ready to go, or buy a small multichannel mixer I went with a Behringer XENYX 802.

The mixer allows me to select various equipment I want to hear, and bring in several different inputs for capture, such as my video game consoles and cameras and mix them with microphones, etc.

If you don't need a mixer though, you don't need one :)

Tracy Peterson
http://www.onetwomany.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]