FORUMS: list search recent posts

deck link hd extreme 1or2 or 3 confusion

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mandeep singh
deck link hd extreme 1or2 or 3 confusion
on Feb 2, 2010 at 9:13:25 am

Hello i just bought a new black magic hd extreme card in india and when i came back to home and searched for driver updates i was shocked to find out that my card had 3 sdi out connections the latest one on black magic site had more , and what was more confusing was that even the previous cards are called decklink hd extreme and only somewhere on forums they are mentioned as hd extreme 2 , hd extreme 3 . While on black magic site they only call it hd extreme so i am confused did i buy and old card and if so what i am missing with the absence of that 4 th connector.
And by the way i am also getting error that black magic plugin cannot load as it requires new version of premiere pro cs4 4.01 while i have 4.0 ??????

Return to posts index

Tracy Peterson
Re: deck link hd extreme 1or2 or 3 confusion
on Feb 2, 2010 at 4:54:28 pm

Run the adobe updater to update your premiere version from 4.0 to 4.2, all will work after that.

The versions of the cards have some different features, can't verify exactly which ones yours has but I think the difference between 2 and 3 is just the second connector for 3Gpbs dual channel connections for 2k 4:4:4. Other than that, I don't know exact differences.

Tracy Peterson
http://www.onetwomany.com

Return to posts index

Joshua Helling
on Feb 2, 2010 at 10:22:07 pm

Yup, the HDExtreme 1 had 3 SDI on the back plane (1 in and 2 out). The HDextreme 2 has the same, but supported 3Gb and also had a knockout for HDMI in and out. HDExtreme 3 has 4 outputs on the backplate, 2 SDI in and 2 SDI out which can be used either for 3Gb or Duallink both ways.

You can tell fairly easily once you know what to look for (though we don't expect you to know that automatically). You can also give us a call and tell us your serial number and we can look it up for you.

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

mandeep singh
on Feb 6, 2010 at 10:20:00 am

Yes thats what i am talking about. SO the conclusion is i have bought a black magic hd extreme 2 card thinking i bought the latest with 4:4:4 option. Now its not undoable but i really urge black magic guys to give decklink some version number so atleast if someone is buying he knows what exactly version he is buying and is it an old or the latest one. To my surprise the only thing written on all of decklink boxes including old hd extreme 1 is DECK LINK HD extreme full stop . And here you see the example of a customer who bought some older version of card just coz it was not specified . By the way i am damn happy with it too, the only problem is it is saying i need premiere pro version 4.01 !!!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]