FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intensity Pro Output

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lee Schneider
Intensity Pro Output
on Jan 30, 2010 at 4:06:26 pm

I've been using my Intensity Pro to monitor HDV & SD out into 2 different monitors. When I'm monitoring an SD Anamorphic timeline in FCP, I need to have the intensity preferences & video output set to BM HD 1080i in order to see the video on my Sony PVM monitor with the correct aspect ratio. If I have the prefs set to off for down conversion, and have the video output (in FCP) set to BM NTSC 720x486 I get a good clean signal, but it's non anamorphic. Does this sound right? When I check color bars they are slightly different when in HD or SD, so I don't know if I can trust what I'm seeing.

Any suggestions/input would be great since i still haven't received a response from BlackMagic on my last problem. Thanks! Lee

Return to posts index

Tracy Peterson
Re: Intensity Pro Output
on Jan 30, 2010 at 6:14:47 pm

Well, NTSC and HD will have different color values. That's normal.

For the downconversion, are you setting your monitor to anamorphic (16:9) playback? Most monitors i've seen play NTSC at 4:3 as a default, it's not your intensity card. NTSC has the same number of pixels in 4:3 or 16:9, so you need to tell the monitor to stretch it back to the aspect you are expecting.

Tracy Peterson
http://www.onetwomany.com

Return to posts index

Lee Schneider
on Jan 30, 2010 at 7:40:20 pm

Thank you! That did it... it turns out I needed to have the monitors under scan on for it to pick up the 16:9 aspect after I changed the setting. Looks much better, thanks again!

Lee

Return to posts index

Tracy Peterson
on Jan 30, 2010 at 8:20:30 pm

You are welcome. Please rate my post positive. :)

Tracy Peterson
http://www.onetwomany.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]