FORUMS: list search recent posts

decklink drivers and audio problems with CS4

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Morrison
decklink drivers and audio problems with CS4
on Jan 27, 2010 at 3:04:31 pm

Sometimes when I throw and audio only clip into the source window and play it, Premiere will lock up until the clip plays to the end and sometimes it will play in a continual loop forcing me to shut down the program. This happens on both my edit suites, and the only thing they have in common is that they are both running BlackMagic cards (one's running an older DecklinkSP and the other is running a Decklink Studio). All software and drivers are up to date in both suites and I am out of ideas to try. The only thing I can come up with is that there is something in the drivers for the Decklink cards causing this problem.

Has anyone else encountered this?

Return to posts index

Matt Morrison
Re: decklink drivers and audio problems with CS4
on Jan 27, 2010 at 4:21:04 pm

Well... I apologize, I was running the 7.4 drivers. I could have sworn i just updated the other day! Let me give the 7.5 drivers a try and if I'm still having problems I'll re-post.

On a side note, this new Media Express app doesn't seem to allow for resizing. I have a 1900x1200 monitor and it still cuts off at the bottom of the screen and there's no way I can find to float and stretch it so that I can see the bottom of the display.

Return to posts index

Jeff Kosmicki
on Jan 28, 2010 at 6:25:21 pm

I have the same issue. I am running 7.5 with a Decklink Studio card, CS4, Vista 64.
It seems to happen with mono audio files in my case, but I'm not totally sure. I have been pulling my hair out trying to find the cause, it was only recently that I figured out it was audio files causing the problem.
I have talked to BM support about the problem so they should be aware of it, although last I talked to them they had not reproduced it. It seems to effect only a "select" few of us, I wonder what the common factor is?

Jeff Kosmicki
http://www.toyraygun.net

Return to posts index

Matt Morrison
on Jan 28, 2010 at 7:56:47 pm

I don't know because it happens on both of my edit suites and the only thing they have in common is the 7.5 drivers (and the driver upgrade did not help my problems by the way). It only seems to happen to me with audio files, either mono or stereo, and even then only part of the time. I worked all day today with the new drivers installed and it just happened for the first time about 30 minutes ago.

Return to posts index

Tracy Peterson
on Jan 29, 2010 at 7:31:16 pm

This has happened to me on a couple different machines and continues to happen.

Unfortunately, in my experience, BMD support says "it's a small number of users experiencing it" when they don't know and don't care. Basically, get over asking support for anything.

If anything happens, some programmer will find the bug in a future rev and maybe fix it to cover his own butt, because it certainly won't be listed as a fix in the release notes and support won't spend the time of day to properly support their products. On our end, because BMD doesn't document fixes properly, the problem will just stop happening and we will be lucky if they don't pull some very important feature that we use all the time in order to fix the small problem.

One more thing, they don't seem to want to tell us about a size unlocked mediaexpress. There's lots of requests for info here, but no answers.

Tracy Peterson
http://www.onetwomany.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]