FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intensity Pro: problem HDMI

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Klimek
Intensity Pro: problem HDMI
on Jan 27, 2010 at 12:23:19 am

Hello,

I have a problem with the Intensity Pro card.
My card does not capture the signal on the HDMI (in). The equipment has been tested on a DVD Player (with HDMI Output), Play Station 3, hardware converter - composite to HDMI.

The computer does not see a signal even though the settings are configured to capture the channel to HDMI (panel Blackmagic). I'm using the latest drivers (v.5.4). I have computer Gateway GM5478.

Component and HDMI(out) is ok.

Does someone met with a similar problem? Is it the fault of the card, or setting software?
I should be grateful for your help.

Return to posts index

Lee Schneider
Re: Intensity Pro: problem HDMI
on Jan 30, 2010 at 3:47:05 pm

Hmmmm interesting. Sounds just like the problem I was having trying to capture via the S-video input. Still no reply from BlackMagic support.

Lee

Return to posts index

Tracy Peterson
on Jan 30, 2010 at 6:18:51 pm

The DVD player and PlayStation3 probably have HDCP on them, which is a copy protection protocol which will make you unable to view anything not compatible with the protocol. Your component adapter is probably not compatible either.

Recommendation, use a camera with a HDMI out, test that way. A video camera does not have HDCP and should play back for you fine. I can't see that any of these devices should have worked.

Tracy Peterson
http://www.onetwomany.com

Return to posts index

Matt Campbell
on Feb 2, 2010 at 3:34:20 pm

Yes HDCP is a pain in the arss but understood why its used. I've actually had loads of success capturing from xBox, Playstation 3 and DVD players using the Component connections. Our PS3 is older with component and not HDMI, so that helps. But I don't think any capture cards allow you to capture HDCP protected content.

OS 10.5.5, Mac Pro 2 x 3 ghz quad-core intel xenon, 9 gb ram, with BM Intensity Pro card

Return to posts index

Tracy Peterson
on Feb 2, 2010 at 4:51:44 pm

You are correct, sir, and that is the point of HDCP, to protect content. At the current time, nothing on the market bypasses this protection.

Tracy Peterson
http://www.onetwomany.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]