FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intensity Pro SD input

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lee Schneider
Intensity Pro SD input
on Jan 26, 2010 at 10:09:13 pm

Help! 2nd camera operator shot in the wrong format (720p instead of 1080 i) and the only option I have to get it into FCP is to down convert out of the cameras S-Video out, and go into the Intensity Pro's input. I can't get it to work. Signal out of the camera is good, and I'm into the correct inputs. I have the BMagic preference settings set to S-Video & Analog RCA Audio. In FCP 6.0.6 I'm trying to use BMagic Intensity NTSC DV as the capture settings, and I have the camera set as a non controllable device. I think this should work, but I get no signal when I run tape. I'm in desperate need of getting this footage into my Mac, so any help/suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks,

Lee

Return to posts index

Brian Louis
Re: Intensity Pro SD input
on Jan 27, 2010 at 12:27:08 pm

[Lee Schneider] "2nd camera operator shot in the wrong format (720p instead of 1080 i)"

What cam?

Return to posts index

Lee Schneider
on Jan 27, 2010 at 2:20:00 pm

I can't remember the exact model, but it was the JVC that looks like the GY-HM700. It came out about 4- 5 years ago. I can call him and fin out.

I do get a good clean signal out via S-Video, but my Sony won't export the signal out FireWire. Thanks... I need to get this figured out today if possible so I can get the show out the door tomorrow.

Lee

Return to posts index

Brian Louis
on Jan 28, 2010 at 11:55:45 am

What I'm curious about is in what you are playing back a HDV 720p tape and getting s-video, Most sony devices that will playback 720p tapes will output component

Return to posts index

Lee Schneider
on Jan 28, 2010 at 2:18:40 pm

This tape was shot with a JVC 110U, and I'm playing it back in a Sony FX-1. I now know there is a compatibility issue between the 2. I talked to the other camera operator and he said he absolutely shot in 1080i, not 720p. When I play the tape in the Sony, it says 720p in the view finder, won't export via FireWire, but I get a good signal out the S-Video. The S-Vid signal will be just fine for what I need, but I can't get the Intensity Pro to capture. I need to get this out the door in a couple of days so it's very frustrating. Have gotten NO response from BlackMagic support.

Thanks for any insight you can give on this.

Lee

Return to posts index

Brian Louis
on Jan 28, 2010 at 5:16:28 pm

[Lee Schneider] "I talked to the other camera operator and he said he absolutely shot in 1080i, not 720p"

The 110u only records in HDV 720 various flavors and DV pal or ntsc i or p
It can upconvert 720 during playback to 1080i in the camcorder.
I think starting with the 200u JVC could record 1080i to tape.

[Lee Schneider] "but I get a good signal out the S-Video."

Have you tried to view the s-video signal on a monitor?
As far as I know the FX1 will playback a 720/30p tape but only out of the component output as converted 720 to 1080, have you tried to capture as 1080i from the component output with Blackmagic's 1080 YUV??

Return to posts index

Lee Schneider
on Jan 30, 2010 at 3:43:44 pm

No I didn't t that, but ended up doing a bastardized capture. Went out S-vid into a DV camera. I then captured from the DV camera via FireWire. My end project is for 3x2 SD so this worked out OK, but it sure sucked getting there. And what a pain to edit. I ended up editing the program with 1 camera angle & then dumping the 2nd camera angle in after the HDV was converted to SD. Ouch.

Thanks for the input!

Lee

Return to posts index

Tracy Peterson
on Jan 30, 2010 at 6:23:04 pm

Glad I read this so I can cut the JVC operators off of my list.

Tracy Peterson
http://www.onetwomany.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]