FORUMS: list search recent posts

Unable to select "drop frame" when blacking a tape in "Edit to Tape"

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Stegman
Unable to select "drop frame" when blacking a tape in "Edit to Tape"
on Jan 21, 2010 at 10:08:57 pm

I'm having a problem blacking a tape with drop-frame time code. I launch "Edit to Tape" and I have a tape in the deck (the problem occurs in both my AJ-HD1400 DVCProHD deck and my Sony PVW-2800 Beta deck). When I press the "black tape" icon at the top of the "Edit to Tape" window, a box appears and says, "Black and Code -- Settings." I hit "OK" and the next box is where you input the starting TC. However, the check box to the right, which you select for drop-frame time code, is grayed out and not selectable.

I am running FCP7, with Blackmagic Design DeckLink 6.8.3 running. The strange thing is, I ran a dub a week ago and I was able to select drop frame when I blacked the tape. For full disclosure, I was running Blackmagic Design DeckLink 7.3.2, but I had a problem with spitting out a down-convert signal, which is necessary for the weekly project we have. However, I don't believe that this downgrade is the issue, because our 2 other edit suites are currently running Blackmagic Design DeckLink 7.3.2 and FCP7 (no downgrade) and they also cannot select drop-frame when doing an "Edit to Tape".

Is this a problem with FCP7? Did a final cut setting get corrupted?

Any and all help/input is appreciated!! Thanks!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]