FORUMS: list search recent posts

Ultrascope and new HP Z200

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Zelin
Ultrascope and new HP Z200
on Jan 17, 2010 at 4:23:37 pm

Hi -
I urge Blackmagic to try to get their hands on the (not yet released) HP Z200 workstation, as this may be the cheapest way to build an Ultrascope package, without having to "do it yourself" building a computer. If the Z200 works, this would eliminate all the nonsense of "will this motherboard work". I see no reason why this new HP Workstation with an inexpensive ATI 4670 would not be the perfect Ultrascope package (of course, people still hate the large footprint of the PC, but at this price, who is really going to complain that much).

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Margus Voll
Re: Ultrascope and new HP Z200
on Jan 17, 2010 at 10:50:41 pm

Hi Bob.

Do you know estimated price range already ?

--

Margus

http://iconstudios.eu

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Jan 18, 2010 at 1:51:36 am

Do you know estimated price range already ?

$749 RETAIL US price - so it will be cheaper mail order. The Z200 was designed as a low end Autodesk Autocad workstation, so you know it will be more than enough for the Ultrascope, and other "mid level" PC applications. Release date is 2 weeks from now.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Margus Voll
on Jan 18, 2010 at 1:28:53 pm

Sounds good :)

--

Margus

http://iconstudios.eu

Return to posts index

Brian Louis
on Jan 18, 2010 at 2:15:19 pm

Not to rain on a parade, but have you looked at what comes with the $749 Z200, I just looked at a brochure for the Z200, and it looks like the low end model can come with a Intel® Celeron® G1101 CPU,or Intel® Core® i3-530, Integrated Intel 82578 Graphics and a gig of ram, so a model to meet the specs of the UltraScope maybe a bit more.

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Jan 18, 2010 at 5:59:02 pm

that is why I am holding my breath, waiting to see what the boys at Blackmagic say. Ultimately, they are the final word.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Aristides Tiropolis
on Jan 22, 2010 at 2:06:25 pm

For ultra scope use, I do not see the base model Z200 being covered from Blackmagic (integrated graphics and a celeron ain't gonna cut it) I see no problem with using the qualified mainboard and graphics card list from Blackmagic.
You don't even have to build it yourself, you buy it ready made with the components as ordered. You get a 3 year warranty and you'll surely get it cheaper than the similarly spec'd Z200. I'm not finding (at least from these prelim. specs) the Z200 offering the same value as its Z400 and Z800 counterparts which actually make more sense but not for ultrascope of course.
I actually find the GIGABYTE GA-P55-UD5 one of the most finely and reliably made mainboards in the market you can build an entire BM ultrascope spec'd system at newegg with an i5 quad core (incl. Lian Li case, hdd, vga, ram, psu and all) for about 940$

Just some thoughts.

Cheers.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]