FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blackmagic Intensity Pro - No Picture On TV or Computer.

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
kris smith
Blackmagic Intensity Pro - No Picture On TV or Computer.
on Jan 16, 2010 at 8:01:14 pm

I Currently trying to get video off my xbox through the HDMI hookup. The closest i get to get a "picture" on my TV is when I set my settings to MDSV or something like that in Windows Media. I need help.

Return to posts index

Dale Mullins
Re: Blackmagic Intensity Pro - No Picture On TV or Computer.
on Jan 16, 2010 at 10:29:58 pm

Kris,

What is the display setting on your Xbox 360 (720p, 1080i, 1080p)? The Intensity Pro does not support 1080p. If you capture 1080i, you will most likely have to deinterlace your video or it will have "lines" in it. I personally use the Intensity to capture 720p Xbox 360 gameplay.

Once you have determined/set what the 360 is outputting, you will need to go into the Intensity settings in the Control Panel and make sure it is set to use the same setting as the 360. The dialog I'm talking about can be seen in this thread, 1st screenshot:
http://forums.virtualdub.org/index.php?act=ST&f=6&t=16116

Dale

Return to posts index

kris smith
on Jan 22, 2010 at 4:49:40 am

Yeah, I have my xbox in 720p, so what setting do you have it as in the control panel?

Return to posts index

Dale Mullins
on Jan 23, 2010 at 2:32:55 am

Actually, what I was thinking of is not the control panel. The settings in my Blackmagic Control Panel are:

All Outputs Active
HDMI Video & HDMI Audio
Output processing = Off
Input processing = Off

The dialog box I was thinking of was this one (image below). I use VirtualDub and you get to it via Capture AVI -> Video -> Capture filter. Not sure how you get to it otherwise.

Return to posts index

Steven Lynas
on Jan 19, 2010 at 1:05:30 pm

Are you trying to play on the same monitor that your PC is connected to? My understanding is that the Blackmagic won't pass through video from its HDMI port unless media express is running.

Try connecting just the XBOX to the capture card. Can you see a picure with only the xbox connected and media express open?? The IN port of the card is the one that's closest to the mainboard of your PC.

If you can and you are using the same monitor, I've found a powered HDMI splitter works really well.

Ensure that in the control panel settings you have HDMI in selected as the source.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]