FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multiple Decklink SDI cards

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Dotson
Multiple Decklink SDI cards
on Jan 14, 2010 at 9:29:30 pm

I'm using a Windows 7 system. Is it possible to use two Decklink SDI cards in one system? I've got the slots for then, but I don't see any way to differentiate between the two cards when I turn the system on. The device manager also only lists one card, but doesn't list any devices in need of attention or driver.

Thanks!

Chris

Return to posts index

Kristian Lam
Re: Multiple Decklink SDI cards
on Jan 14, 2010 at 10:33:24 pm

Hi Chris,

We support the use of multiple cards in one system but this is more of a developer type feature and I am not aware of any retail applications that will be able to use more than one of our cards.

Depending on the system, there's no specific way to tell which order the cards will show up, but the order will always be consistent in that particular system.

regards

Kristian Lam
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Chris Dotson
Re: Multiple Decklink SDI cards
on Jan 15, 2010 at 4:28:51 pm

Kristian,

I am using Wirecast (software video switching) for some streaming. So, unlike an Osprey card, if I stack multiples in the machine I can only ever use one of them?

It would be a great feature for those cards to have! I could easily stack four of those cards per PC (at least two PCs). If Blackmagic ever decides to do this, please consider me for beta testing that feature. For my company to use these cards, that would be a must have feature!

Thanks!

Chris

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]