FORUMS: list search recent posts

unbeleaveble! No 'extended desktop anymore

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Oliver Petz
unbeleaveble! No 'extended desktop anymore
on Jan 12, 2010 at 2:55:39 pm

after the last years i can told you black-magic-guys your drivers driving me crazy! so many bug all over the
time ( example: unable to use blackmagic decklink extreme with 3 montitors ) it is pain in the a.. to work
with this buggy drivers.
for that reason i changed to avid. but there was one good feature on your cards that works also properly:

EXTENDED DESKTOP.

AND NOW YOU KILL THE EXTENDED DESKTOP FEATURE?

this was one of the main features for me to buy a decklinkcard again.
for 3 months i buyed the decklink extreme3 because my old decklink does not run anymore under X64BIt with

8GB Ram. today i install the the driver because my videopreview freeze in AE all the time, and see thatyou kill the feature extended desktop! i use this function every for example with cinema4d.
in cinema i have a live "pal-preview" and can see how it looks like on television. this is perfect for

testrenderings.

or if you play any videostuff with a mediaplayer. i dont have to start everytime premiere or after effects.

just drop the player to the extended decktop.perfect.

now i payed a lot of money for your card and one of the important features is killed.

this is unbeleaveble. you cards are a nighmare for me, the drivers are so bad for years, many bug has been

never fixed and so on.this was definately the last time i bought "professional equiment" from blackmagic-design

please can somebody tell me what is the last driver-verion with extended monitor?? thank you :-)

sorry for my lousy english

Decklink Extreme (PCI-X)
Sony Digibeta DVW-A500P and DVWA510P
Nvidia( two Monitors)
ASUS P5WDG2 WS Professional
8GB RAM
QX 6850 quadcore extreme
Xp Prof. 64-BIT service pack 2 with
all patches and updates
Adobe Creative Suite Production Premium CS4 with all patches and updates

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>