FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need help with Analog to SDI mini converter

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Herb Sevush
Need help with Analog to SDI mini converter
on Jan 6, 2010 at 10:32:28 pm

I just got the Blackmagic Analog to SDI mini converter. There is no manual in the box or on the web site.

I'm trying to use the dip switches to use it with the component output of first a Panasonic SD93 DV50 player and then next with a UVW 1800 Betacam deck - both going into Final Cut Pro via a Blackmagic HD Decklink Pro card.

When using the SD93 the video going into Final Cut is way to hot. I've toggled the following dip Switches:

#1 -- Processing On / Processing off
#6 -- SMPTE / BetaCAM
#7 -- 0 ire / 7.5 ire

And nothing seems to get the levels down to legal levels - chroma is way too hot.

Can someone tell me what these dip switches are supposed to be doing or what I'm doing wrong. I haven't tried the Betacam machine yet.

thanks

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions

Return to posts index

maurice jansen
Re: Need help with Analog to SDI mini converter
on Jan 6, 2010 at 10:52:31 pm

well first

you find the manual here
http://www.blackmagic-design.com/downloads/manuals/eng/MiniConverterManual....

and yes this does not help you. because the manual is well actually bad.

leave proccessing of put SMPTE/betacam to SMPTE.
and if your in PAL land switch setup to 0.0IRE

install the utility software andplay with that. all sider should be on unity in a good situation.

grt
maurice

People saying they don't make mistake's often make nothing at all!

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Jan 7, 2010 at 12:02:57 am

Hi Herb,
with a Beta VTR (like a UVW1800 or PVW2800), you leave all the switches in the "default" position (all the the same direction - I forgot if they are all on or all off), and the Beta signal goes across without issue, and no changes in levels.

Why are you using it with the SD93 - doesn't this have a SD-SDI output on it ?

bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Herb Sevush
on Jan 7, 2010 at 5:35:06 pm

Bob -

I got the mini converter for the Betacam deck. However I was already digitizing some DV50 material with the SD93 and since it has component outs I figured I'd test the mini converter when I ran into the levels problems.

I'll test it out on the Betacam, all switches set to ON which is how it came out of the box.

Thanks.

Herb

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions

Return to posts index

Herb Sevush
on Jan 10, 2010 at 5:04:04 pm

Maurice and Bob -

Thanks for the help. I've been in touch with Balckmagic and have sent them back the converter. Looks like I've got a lemon.

Herb

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions

Return to posts index

cormac Okane
Re: Analog to SDI mini converter output question
on Dec 13, 2014 at 12:55:07 am

Hi Bob
I've learnt quite a bit from reading your posts over the last year and I wonder can you help me with this query?
I have a blackmagic analogue to sdi mini converter with a composite video source connected. I want to set my atem tvs at 720p50 for streaming purposes.

Should the mini converter not automatically output at that rate to the atem if the ATEM is set at 72050p? The converter supports a lot of output resolutions including 72050p.

I only see a signal when I switch the TVs to 625 50i or lesser?How can you change the output of the converter?
regards Cormac

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]