FORUMS: list search recent posts

Christmas wish list for Ultrascope

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Zelin
Christmas wish list for Ultrascope
on Dec 20, 2009 at 4:56:48 pm

Santa,
please make Blackmagic do the following for the Ultrascope. They can charge more if they offer error logging.

1) error logging
2) the ability to disable displays (so you can just get parade and vectorscope)
3) the ability to use a monitor that is not 1920x1200 - this would be great, especially if you can disable 4 of the 6 displays.
4) hey, while you are doing error logging, you can make an optional gamut display (to be used either/or with the histograph)

Thanks Blackmagic for bringing back scopes to the masses, that couldn't afford 12 grand for a real scope.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

kujtim ereqi
Re: Christmas wish list for Ultrascope
on Dec 20, 2009 at 7:29:25 pm

[Bob Zelin] "They can charge more if they offer error logging."

In general I like the idea of offering two versions of the same software: normal version and Pro version.
We like ultrascope and we wish they add more and more new features, but at the end of the day we are talking about a 600$ solution (minus the PC), not a 6000$ one. I think that many of us will be more than ready to pay a little bit more to get some features, like the you mentioned Bob.
So why not make the user chose what he really needs?

Return to posts index

maurice jansen
on Dec 20, 2009 at 7:50:19 pm

agree big time.

although it already is a gift to the industry these addition will be great.

errorlogging should only be a software thing since the data is already there. but will give the product so much more

what also would be a great feature is data analyzing. again data is there so why not showing it to us in HEX.

greet
Maurice

People saying they don't make mistake's often make nothing at all!

Return to posts index

Peter Berg
on Dec 21, 2009 at 7:49:50 pm

I agree with Bob. Error logging... or even showing the luma and chroma values (think a status display) would be very helpful.

But even more basic than the error logging.. we need to be able to customize the display. I don't need to see the audio screen, and I really need to be able to zoom into the vectorscope.

Hopefully Blackmagic will really make this product a much more useful tool in 2010!

-Peter

Return to posts index

Paul Provost
on Dec 26, 2009 at 7:43:17 pm

is HD closed caption decoding viable with this thing?

HE'S SUCH A GIRL - Independent Feature Film
http://hessuchagirl.com/
GIRLS ON THE WALL - PBS documentary
http://www.girlsonthewallmovie.com

grade and finish @ post + beam
http://www.postandbeam.tv

Return to posts index

Shane Betts
on Dec 28, 2009 at 7:09:53 am

I'd like to add my vote for 1920x1080 output so I can send the scopes around the house via HDSDI (via a Studio Videohub of course).

Cheers
Bettsy

Return to posts index

Bjarki Gudjonsson
on Jan 5, 2010 at 11:52:22 pm

[Shane Betts] "I'd like to add my vote for 1920x1080 output so I can send the scopes around the house via HDSDI (via a Studio Videohub of course). "

Good call. Also since a lot of monitors are now running that resolution instead of 1920x1200. 16:9 all of a sudden became the standard for computer monitors.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]