FORUMS: list search recent posts

Ref headache

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adrian Abu Bakar
Ref headache
on Dec 14, 2009 at 2:33:17 am

Okay any help would be much appreciated!

Trying to get a new Decklink SDI working with my Digital Betacam deck.

Dumping out works fine without connecting any ref cables with the deck ref setting set to input video. But during playback, the picture jumps consistently. The jumping stops when playing back and I switch the ref to ref in instead of input video

Tried hooking up the ref cable from VTR ref to decklink ref in, but when I do this and dump out the picture breaks up occasionally and condition turns red during playback (green during recording)

Although none of my clients have complained, I'm not sure I'm doing things right, any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Margus Voll
Re: Ref headache
on Dec 14, 2009 at 10:59:07 am

Hi.

Why are you not using sync generator ?

It is pretty cheap and you do not have problems like this.

--

Margus

http://iconstudios.eu

Return to posts index

Adrian Abu Bakar
Re: Ref headache
on Dec 14, 2009 at 6:26:43 pm

Okay, after spending 14 hours straight trouble shooting today figured out the problem was a silly one... on our new Decklink SDI, the standard audio output setting for blackmagic (in FCP) is 48k 24 bit, changed that to 16 bit and problem solved, all the while we thought it was a ref problem, but it must have been the audio causing the red condition. Still dont know exactly why, but its working like a charm now with the beta ref set to input vid and no ref cable needed, thanks for the tip Margus, will get a sync gen when we can, not so easy to source in our part of the world though! If anyone can explain the tech reason 16 bit works and 24 bit doesn't I would love to hear that to...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]