FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intensity Pro Q: Which PCI Gen, support full duplex, APIs?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Louis Semprini
Intensity Pro Q: Which PCI Gen, support full duplex, APIs?
on Dec 6, 2009 at 8:03:27 am

Hello,

I am a software developer interested in using Intensity Pro.

Here are some questions I could not find answered on the main site or in the support items.

Questions

1. the site says its PCIe 1-lane but it does not say PCIe Gen1.x (250 MB/sec per lane) or PCIe Gen 2.0 (500 MB/sec per lane). Which Gen does this card implement?

2. does this card support simultaneous input and output of SD?

3. does this card support simultaneous input and output of HD (in this case we may start to be limited by the PCI Gen)?

4. what software development APIs are available for doing uncompressed I/O with Intensity Pro? I was able to find this:

http://www.blackmagic-design.com/support/detail.asp?techID=104

however it is very old and applies to DeckLink.

In particular I am interested in low-level simple video-to-memory and memory-to-video APIs. I can deal with QT/DS if necessary, but I would prefer a simple memory-only API as close to read() and write() as possible but still maintaining some support for A/V sync. 8-bit 4:2:2 Y'Cbcr I/O would be ok, RGB might be nice in the case of SD.

Any modern developer program info would be appreciated.

I've also signed up for the bmd-developer mailing list and am awaiting access to that list.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Kristian Lam
Re: Intensity Pro Q: Which PCI Gen, support full duplex, APIs?
on Dec 8, 2009 at 10:17:46 pm

Hi Louis,

The card is PCIe Gen 1 and does not support simultaneous capture and playback but you can workaround that by using 2 cards which is supported via the API and driver.

If you go to our software downloads page in the URL below and scroll right to the bottom of the page where the SDKs are located, you can download the documentation and have a read. We do have a non QT/DS API that you can use.

http://blackmagic-design.com/support/software/

regards

Kristian Lam
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]