FORUMS: list search recent posts

Are the 7.4 drivers supposed to 7.3.2?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cowcowcowcowcow
Tangier Clarke
Are the 7.4 drivers supposed to 7.3.2?
on Dec 1, 2009 at 6:54:02 pm

Are the 7.4 drivers supposed to 7.3.2? I hope the wrong link is posted on the site. I want my desktop video back.

Hey Guys, considering we purchased your products that now lacks an important feature, can you give us a heads up on when we'll get that back?

Multibridge Pro 2

Return to posts index

Joshua Helling
Re: Are the 7.4 drivers supposed to 7.3.2?
on Dec 1, 2009 at 9:54:29 pm

Well...7.4 is only for PC. Latest release for Mac is still 7.3.2.

At this time the Video Desktop is not coming back. Please understand that it was not removed accidentally, it was a decisions that was intentionally made.

Hope this helps to clarify.

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

Tangier Clarke
on Dec 1, 2009 at 10:44:38 pm

Thanks for the response. I know that it was intentionally made. I guess what I am really asking is how is that to be reconciled? Will it ever return? My concern is that people purchase your products based on having certain features to work with their workflow. It's disconcerting to spend money on any product based on the sum of it's features and then have some of those features stripped from you. I think that's a reasonable assertion.

Tangier

Return to posts index

Joshua Helling
on Dec 2, 2009 at 11:08:23 pm

No problem.

At this time there is no intention to re-add this feature. If the concern is that the product was purchased with a certain feature set and the feature was removed then the only solution I have to that would be for you to continue using the drive in which the feature was present.

Of course that is not always ideal, as you might not get any of the new features or capabilities that were added. So that kinda works both ways then. We take some away, add others (e.g. compatibility with new versions or new features or codecs).

Technologically there were several reasons for removing this. But I can understand how it would cause some difficulty in some cases. For those, you can always use the older driver.

I hope that helps.

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

peter tours
on Dec 2, 2009 at 12:38:52 am

The file marked 7.4 for Decklink is still the old 7.3.2.

Peter Tours
TnT Video Services, Inc.
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]