FORUMS: list search recent posts

what is great about the Blackmagic Videohub Router

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Zelin
what is great about the Blackmagic Videohub Router
on Nov 29, 2009 at 7:09:02 pm

I have recently installed a 72x144 Broadcast Videohub at Disney Broadcast Operations.

The single most impressive thing about the Blackmagic Router series
is not it's incredible price, or it's great flexibility. It's that editors can figure out how to use it without ANY TRAINING. The "personal control panel" is so self explanatory, that simply sitting in front of it is the explanation of how to use it.

This appplies to the Blackmagic Ultrascope as well. These are amazing products. Adding error logging to the Ultrascope will be the "knife in the heart" to most of the competitors. Oh yea - recommending a 1920x1200 LCD monitor that will fit into a 19" equipment rack !

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

maurice jansen
Re: what is great about the Blackmagic Videohub Router
on Nov 29, 2009 at 7:59:32 pm

hi bob

funny that no big router manufacturer ever made a product.
just for a post enviroment. indeed the GUI is brilliant for non tech's as editors are today.

one thing i was wondering can you route 1 NLE to multiple deck's with control and how will it handle return data on the RS422 can be handy if you want to make more masters in one run. is simple cut cut / deck to deck editing still possible?

can you protect output's / crosspoint's . (not that editor nr5 suddenly stops a deck where editor 1 is mastering with )

greet
Maurice

People saying they don't make mistake's often make nothing at all!

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Nov 29, 2009 at 8:59:52 pm

one thing i was wondering can you route 1 NLE to multiple deck's with control and how will it handle return data on the RS422 can be handy if you want to make more masters in one run. is simple cut cut / deck to deck editing still possible?

REPLY - no, you can't control multiple VTR's - only one at a time.

Cut to cut - yes, you assign one VTR as a "workstation", and one as a "VTR" in the "crosspoint name" menu, and you can do cut to cut.

can you protect output's / crosspoint's . (not that editor nr5 suddenly stops a deck where editor 1 is mastering with )

REPLY - yes, there are LOCKS that you can simply turn on (looks like a picture of a lock), and your crosspoints are now protected

Bbo Zelin

Return to posts index

maurice jansen
on Nov 29, 2009 at 9:26:02 pm

oops

i figure my first question was quite dumb ;-)
2 deck's jelling back on what timecode they are when cueing up
will confuse me and a NLE.
Not even talking about making a proper EnsembleEdit on 2 deck's at the same time.

sorry for my stupidity.

greet
maurice

People saying they don't make mistake's often make nothing at all!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]