FORUMS: list search recent posts

ntsc monitor and client monitor

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Beaux Carter
ntsc monitor and client monitor
on Nov 28, 2009 at 8:58:48 pm

Hello - newbie here, currently setting up a person edit suite. Recently just bought a JVC DT-V9L1DU, 10 incher - along with the Blackmagic SDI card. Trying to setup as professional of a suite as I can, in the most economical way.

I want to know if there was anyway to duplicate the image on that NTSC monitor to another screen, to use for a client monitor? The NTSC monitor is a bit small, and I wanted something larger for viewing. Is this possible?

If not, what is a possible solution to this?

Any help appreciated -

B.C.

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: ntsc monitor and client monitor
on Nov 29, 2009 at 3:15:13 pm

this is the answer to your question. Your card puts out SDI only. Buy a Blackmagic Digital to Analog converter ($450 street price). This will provide you with a reclocked SDI output to feed your small
JVC SDI monitor, and give you analog component Y Pb Pr outputs. Now, buy the professional industrial Panasonic TH42PD12UK ($839) which is a fantastic, cheap 42" plasma display that "everyone " uses. This is a great combo.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Matt Campbell
Re: ntsc monitor and client monitor
on Dec 8, 2009 at 5:12:09 pm

Bob, is the panasonic THPD or THPF the best choice for low budget color corrections? Nothing broadcast quality, mainly corporate and web video. I'm in need of something. But can't afford and good broadcast, color accurate monitor.

OS 10.5.5, Mac Pro 2 x 3 ghz quad-core intel xenon, 9 gb ram, with BM Intensity Pro card

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]