FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intensity Pro - Component input not working...

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Steinke
Intensity Pro - Component input not working...
on Nov 26, 2009 at 3:36:34 am

I just purchased and installed a new intensity pro card. I downloaded and installed the new 3.4 drivers/software from BM's website - I did not use the CD in the package. I have been able to capture from HDMI, SVHS and composite video - video and audio work fine from all 3 sources. I have not been able to capture from the component inputs - I have tried 2 different sources. All I get is a black screen and no audio.

I have de-installed and re-installed the software, toggled between playback and capture within the program and tried just about every setting in the control panel.

Any Suggestions???

I have a 2.66 Core2Quad system, 4GB RAM, Vista32 system.

Thanks in advance for any help...
Dave

Return to posts index

Dave Steinke
Re: Intensity Pro - Component input not working...
on Nov 27, 2009 at 3:57:30 pm

Well - it mysteriously started working. I walked away for several hours with the application still running and when I came back, the video was there. Not quite sure what to make of that, but it seems to be working....

When I capture to Mjpeg in Media Express using the component input, I am getting some jagged edges. The busier the picture is, the more severe the jaggies. Any alternative capture methods or codecs that you could suggest?

Thanks,
Dave

Return to posts index

Joshua Helling
Re: Intensity Pro - Component input not working...
on Nov 30, 2009 at 6:32:55 pm

How does this look when compared to the MJPEG captures in Composite or S-Video? Are they the same, or worse? If they are the same I might suggest (depending on severity) that these are just compression issues (without seeing it, it is hard to know for sure).

One thing you could try is to capture uncompressed (if your drives can take it) and see if that looks different.

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]