FORUMS: list search recent posts

SDI to HDMI MiniConverter output issue to HDTV

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Matuska
SDI to HDMI MiniConverter output issue to HDTV
on Nov 24, 2009 at 9:54:47 pm

I am using a BlackMagic SDI to HDMI MiniConverter to convert a SDI signal from a Sony HD Video Camera to a Panasonic Plasma HDTV's HDMI port. If I turn the HDTV on after turning on the camera and converter I get a signal, but if I turn the HDTV on first then the camera I get no signal. Also if I turn off the Camera (or any other SDI source connected to the converter) I immediately lose signal on the HDTV until I power off the HDTV and turn it back on.

Has anyone else ran into this issue and what solution is there?

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: SDI to HDMI MiniConverter output issue to HDTV
on Nov 29, 2009 at 3:18:50 pm

If I turn the HDTV on after turning on the camera and converter I get a signal, but if I turn the HDTV on first then the camera I get no signal.

REPLY -
many TV monitors try to auto sense the input, so if you turn on your TV first, and there is no signal, it may go to the "default" input (which in not HDMI). If you power your TV on, and then your converter and camera, and you don't see an image, cycle thru the INPUT selector on your TV, and I bet your picture shows up.

So, isnt' there a way to keep this TV locked onto the HDMI input, so you don't have to do this ? NO. Many TV's will default to the "antenna" or "cable" input when they don't sense a baseband signal.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Jim Matuska
on Nov 30, 2009 at 12:47:49 am

Unfortunately that is not it. The tv is on the correct hdmi input and hasn't switched to a differant one. If I turn off my input device hd cameras etc while I have picture on the tv and then turn the camera back on I lose signal until I power cycle the tv. Even if I switch from the hdmi input to another input then back to hdmi still no signal until power cycling the tv

Return to posts index

Joshua Helling
on Nov 30, 2009 at 6:36:38 pm

Hrm...is it possible that the "appearance" of these signals are tripping the fail over, and the SDI-HDMI converter is switching to the other "alt" input?

As a test put a second (different video) into the alternate input on the computer. And see if when you run your test if it is flipping to the other input.

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

Jim Matuska
on Dec 1, 2009 at 2:14:35 am

Unfortunately that is not it either. I connected a second device to the alt input and as soon as I turn off the active input device the tv loses signal. If I turn off the tv then back on I get signal from the alt input. Until resetting the tv I just get the hdmi1 input indicator on the tv screen. Any other thoughts. This is a brand new converter

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]