FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blackmagic Software Crashes Premiere 3.2

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Frank Ruggiero
Blackmagic Software Crashes Premiere 3.2
on Nov 24, 2009 at 3:19:56 am

Hi Blackmagic,

Has anyone had this issue? I am on Macintosh OSX 10.5.8. I installed the Blackmagic software 7.3.2, and it seems to crash Premiere. It wont allow me to play any clips. As soon as I uninstall it, Premiere works fine. I have tried installing Blackmagic 7.2.1 and it does the same exact thing, I get the beachball and it freezes. As soon as I uninstall, it works fine.

I do not have the card installed yet. I wanted to test before I purchase the Blackmagic SDI card.

If anyone can shed some light on how I can get this to work, that would be great. I am trying to buy a monitor and card, but I want to make sure this all works correctly before I purchase.

Thank you.

Frank

Return to posts index

Joshua Helling
Re: Blackmagic Software Crashes Premiere 3.2
on Nov 25, 2009 at 8:14:30 pm

Are you using our easy setups in Premiere without the board installed?

This should not cause problems, but it might be something to look into as potentially the application is looking for our board for I/O and it is not present. Can you confirm if these issues happen while NOT using a BMD preset?

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

Frank Ruggiero
Re: Blackmagic Software Crashes Premiere 3.2
on Nov 26, 2009 at 3:34:42 am

Hi Joshua,

Thanks for responding to my post. You are on to something. Indeed, Premiere only crashes when I use a BMD preset. If I set up my own custom project setting, it works fine.

Do you think once a BMD I/O card is installed, I will be able to use the Blackmagic easy setups without crashing?

-Frank

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]