FORUMS: list search recent posts

HD extreem Reference input

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill Hackbarth
HD extreem Reference input
on Nov 16, 2009 at 5:19:25 pm

Howdy,

I have 4 Decklink HD Extreem cards running version 7.3.2. All is well except the cards will not detect a reference signal. I've tried Composite, Tri-level and SD Black. I have checked the Reference signals at the input to the cards and they are correct. One of the cards reported 'reference detected' , but when I removed the reference signal the card still reported 'reference detected'. I would like to connect the output of these cards to my SD House router, but the output is unlocked and the audio sometimes drops out.
I recently upgraded from version 6.1, which worked on our router. The upgrade was necessary to run Adobe CS4.
Not to much to configure on this so I'm scratching my head on this one. Any Ideas?

Bill Broadcast engineer

Return to posts index

Joshua Helling
Re: HD extreem Reference input
on Nov 24, 2009 at 1:27:35 am

Which version of the Decklink HD Extreme cards are they?

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

Bill Hackbarth
on Nov 25, 2009 at 3:11:02 pm

Thank you for responding to my post.
They are BMDPCB29 Rev B 2006. I believe these sre the first generation of HD extreem cards.

Bill Broadcast engineer

Return to posts index

Joshua Helling
on Nov 30, 2009 at 6:47:24 pm

Almost garaunteed that it is the first generation of card (though the name above the serial number will say specifically HD Extreme, HD Extreme 2 or HD Extreme 3). But the 2006 date suggests the first gen. Sanity check: This unit has no HDMI ports on it correct?

Any ways, this sounds like the issue I mentioned earlier where the ref detection doesnt always work on those earlier board. Can you confirm that the board is actually locked? Without using the BMD control panel?

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

Bill Hackbarth
on Dec 1, 2009 at 8:45:24 pm

There are no HDMI ports on this card. BMD tech support told me that the card must be in playback mode to see reference and that the first version of the card has the reference timing feature, but it does not report to the GUI. I was able to lock the card to external reference and verify it on my scope. Occasional audio pops persist However

Bill Broadcast engineer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]